× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS752TPV2 Web UI login only works after power cycle

Brian_32952
Aspirant

GS752TPV2 Web UI login only works after power cycle

Hi All,

Our company has about 10 of the Netgear GS752TPv2 switches that are being used as access switches.  I recently updated the firmware to version 6.0.8.2 and everything was working good for a few weeks after the update.  The Web UI is accessible through the web browser and the switches are working normally but when I type in the password to login and click "GO" nothing happens.  I verified the password is correct but still nothing.  I power cycled all the switches and once they booted back up I was able to login with no issues.  The web login works for a little over a week after the power cycle and then goes back to doing the same thing. 

I did completly clear the browser cache and tried Firefox, Chrome, and Internet explorer with the same results.

Has anyone else had this problem and if you did hopefully you can help.  I really don't want to do the whole factory reset/reload config path since it's kind of a pain.  I did see there was a newer version of firmware now and was going to try that but I will need to powercylce all of these switches just to access them again.

Thanks for taking a look at this post.    

Model: GS752TPv2|48-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP Ports (380W)
Message 1 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Brian_32952,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Let us try this.  We need to activate image 2 (if ever image 1 is currently active or vice versa). Here are the steps:

1. On your PC, download the latest firmware v6.0.10.5 from this link then unzip it.  Save it on your the PC.  

2. Disconnect the GS752TPv2 switch from the existing network.

3. Connect a PC directly to a LAN port (management port) of the GS752TPv2 switch.  Set a static IP address on the PC that is within the same IP range of the IP address set on the GS752TPv2 switch.  

4. Access the web-GUI of the GS752TPv2 switch.

5. Go to Maintenance > File Management > Dual Image > Dual Image Status. Check the current-active image. 

Note: If the current-active image is image1 then we need to activate image2 (or vice versa) and update the firmware. 

6. Activate image2.  Go to Maintenance > File Management > Dual Image > Dual Image Configuration.  On the image name, select image2 then check the Active Image box and click Apply.  

7. Go to Maintenance > Reset > Device Reboot.  Check the box and click Apply.  Wait until the GS752TPv2 switch reboots.

8. After the GS752TPv2 switch booted up, go to Maintenance > File Management > Dual Image > Dual Image Status. Check the current-active image.  Image2 should be the current-active image. 

From steps 1-5, kindly read pages 499-502 of the GS752TPv2 software administration manual here about Dual Image Configuration and Dual Image Status.  

9. Now that image2 is activated, we will now update the firmware.  Go to Maintenance > Download > HTTP File Download.

10. On the File Type, select Software.  Make sure that image2 is selected on Image Name. Then, browse the the latest firmware v6.0.10.5 you have unzip earlier. and click Apply.

Note: After a file transfer is started, wait until the screen refreshes. When the screen refreshes, the Select File option is blanked out. This indicates that the file transfer is done.

11. Observe if the same problem will occur.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
Brian_32952
Aspirant

I will give the firmware update a try and let you know if it resolves the problem.

Message 3 of 6
Brian_32952
Aspirant

Updated all the switches to v6.0.10.5 last week.  As of now I can still log into them but will provide an update in a couple weeks since that's about how long it took on the previous version to get "locked out".

Model: GS752TPv2|48-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP Ports (380W)
Message 4 of 6
Brian_32952
Aspirant

I just tried logging into several of the switches this morning through the web UI and the same issue is happening.  I enter the password, click "GO" and nothing happens.  Completely cleared all browser cache and even reset the browser to default but getting the same problem.  All the switches are switching normally but no management access!  

We need a solution for this or we will be going to Cisco switches asap.

Message 5 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Brian_32952,

Here are my suggestions:

1. Perform a factory reset then reconfigure the settings from scratch and check if the same problem will occur. 

2. NETGEAR has recently released a new GS752TPv2 firmware which is v6.0.10.10.  I suggest you to update again the firmware of your Gs752TPv2 then perform a factory reset and reconfigure the settings from scratch.  Observe if the same problem will occur. 

You can download GS752TPv2 firmware v6.0.10.10 here

3. If #1 and #2 did not help, it would be best to open a support ticket with NETGEAR Support here at anytime for a hardware check. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements