× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to provision Video VLAN on a GS716TP

tbarden
Follower

How to provision Video VLAN on a GS716TP

We are trying to properly setup a GS716TP switch to support multicast Video using Newtek's NDI transport solution. Our other switches (GC108P's) have a default VIdeo VLAN that can be chosen (4089). The GS716TP is missing the vlan type for video and only has - 1(Management) and 4088 (Auto-VoIP).

I've tried adding VLAN 4089 manually which defaults to type (Static) but I'm not sure it's working correctly.

Does anyone know why the GS716tp doesn't have a default VLAN for 4089? Did I buy the wrong switch?

Model: GS716T|16 ports gigabit smart switch
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: How to provision Video VLAN on a GS716TP

Earlier switch models don't come with predefined Video-VLAN and the related QoS settings. Of course, you could use IGMP Multicast configuration and Video VLAN on the Smart Managed Pro switches, depending on the expectations, results might vary.

Netgear switch platforms of choice for IGMP Multicast based AV including NDI transport are the M4250 AV Line Managed Switches and the M4300 Series as readily configured.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements