× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

IGMP Auto-Video

M4sis
Aspirant

IGMP Auto-Video

Hello,

I seem to be having a problem with the IGMP Snooping page on the XS728T.

I disable auto-video for all my VLANs and then proceed to add the VLANs for IGMP snooping but once the snooping VLANs have been added the auto-video enables itself for each VLAN.

If I then disable auto-video again my previous snooping VLAN config gets cleared?

I'm getting the same on 2 separate XS728T switches and have tried all 3 firmwares for the switch with the same happening.

I manage a network with other netgear switch models including the XS716T and they all allow the auto-video to be disabled whilst having snooping VLANs setup.

Anyone else getting this issue?

Thanks,

Mark.

Model: XS728T|ProSAFE 28-port 10 Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
ElaineP
NETGEAR Expert

Re: IGMP Auto-Video

Hi M4sis,

Yes, change IGMP Snooping Querier configuration will affect for Auto-video configuration. Due to the Auto-video feature simplifies IGMP Snooping querier configuration… from the Auto-video Help. They will keep accordance.

728.jpg

Regards,

NETGEAR Employee

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
ElaineP
NETGEAR Expert

Hi M4sis,

Welcome to NETGEAR community!

I try to do on XS728T, after creating new vlan 10, all vlans are Disable for Auto-video. Then enable IGMP Snooping on global, and add IGMP Snooping vlan10 by created before. However, the vlan 10 is still Disable for Auto-video as default.

Please confirm that: once the IGMP snooping VLANs have been added , the auto-video enables for each VLAN?

Regards,

NETGEAR Employee

Message 2 of 8
M4sis
Aspirant

Hi ElaineP,

Yes that's correct, after enabling IGMP Snooping on global and adding snooping VLANs the auto-video becomes enabled for the snooping VLANs that have been added.

If I add VLAN 10 to the snooping VLAN, VLAN 10 becomes enabled in auto-video.

If I add VLAN 20 to the snooping VLAN, VLAN 20 becomes enabled in the auto-video.

If I then disable auto-video for VLAN 10 & 20 the snooping VLANs get cleared.

Message 3 of 8
ElaineP
NETGEAR Expert

Hi M4sis,

The vlan 10 is still Disable for Auto-video as default.

vlan10.jpg

Please offer more description or you do follow my steps and the result is different my? If it's convenient, please share me one video to analyze.  Thanks very much!

Regards,

NETGEAR Employee

Message 4 of 8
M4sis
Aspirant

Hi ElaineP,

I've just discovered that it seems to be linked to the IGMP Snooping Querier. I have Querier Admin Mode enabled but if I disable this the auto-video disables too.

Message 5 of 8
ElaineP
NETGEAR Expert

Hi M4sis,

Yes, change IGMP Snooping Querier configuration will affect for Auto-video configuration. Due to the Auto-video feature simplifies IGMP Snooping querier configuration… from the Auto-video Help. They will keep accordance.

728.jpg

Regards,

NETGEAR Employee

Message 6 of 8
M4sis
Aspirant

Hi ElaineP,

Okay, so the auto-video feature won't move the multicast traffic to a different VLAN like the auto-voice does?

Sorry, this is the first time I'm seeing this presented in this way, other netgear switches I've used like the XS716T have the auto-video VLAN prefixed so it's just confused me a bit.

Message 7 of 8
ElaineP
NETGEAR Expert

Hi M4sis,

XS728T is Marvell product, which is different from XS716T, so they will work with one little difference.

You are very carefulness and studious, you will become the network experts.  Smiley Happy

If you have any question, you can post on community later. If you do have question now, please close the post. Thanks.

Regards,

NETGEAR Employee

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements