× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MIB for GS510TP (again)

rhenriksen
Aspirant

MIB for GS510TP (again)

I found the conversation below, but unfortunately the download links for the MIB were 48 hour lifespan.

a) why the finite lifespan? Why not make the MIBs accessible all the time?

b) could I get a link for the MIB?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Smart-Plus-Click-Switches/MIB-for-GS510TP/m-p/1233418/thread-id/520...

Out of all the GS510TP switches we've deployed in enclosures out around the campus, one is consistently going offline and needing to be rebooted. It's running the latest software. I'm hoping to get some more metrics on its performance, to see if there's a temperature issue or something.

Model: GS510TP|ProSAFE 8-port PoE Smart Switch with fiber uplink
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: MIB for GS510TP (again)

@rhenriksen,

Just to answer your question that why is it that the other switches has the MIB files posted on our support site. As our engineering team says that those switches are just working as standard. No MIB files needed in order for the SNMP to work. They also tried checking it and it doesn't need any MIB files to work. 

It seems that I already sent you the MIB files, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi rhenriksen,

We can still provide you the MIB for your GS510TP. But MIB files are per request, as we are not posting this to our support site. I'll just send you a pm once I got the MIB file.

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
rhenriksen
Aspirant

Thanks; don't have a PM yet, that I can see.

Why the policy against posting the MIBs for download?

Message 3 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@rhenriksen,

Some of the switches MIB files are actually per request. My apologies. We will try to add it also on our support site so that our community will benefit to it. But I cannot guarantee it. I am still waiting for the MIB file.

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@rhenriksen,

Just to answer your question that why is it that the other switches has the MIB files posted on our support site. As our engineering team says that those switches are just working as standard. No MIB files needed in order for the SNMP to work. They also tried checking it and it doesn't need any MIB files to work. 

It seems that I already sent you the MIB files, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 5 of 7
rhenriksen
Aspirant

So, are you saying that the GS510TP MIB doesn't expose any additional metrics that wouldn't otherwise be available w. a generic MIB from, say, Paessler's PRTG application?

Message 6 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@rhenriksen,

Yes, that's right. The MIB for this switch doesn't have any additional metrics. It should already give you all the details except minute descriptions about the OIDs.

Regards,

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements