× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MS510TX SSL import

mlaihk
Follower

MS510TX SSL import

Will someone please give me a step by step on how to import a CA issued cert into MS510TX?  Before anyone points me to GS728 steps, I have tried it and it does not work on the MS510TX.

When importing SSL MS510TX, the UI is asking for three files:

1)  Certificate

This is quite easy as it is just a plain cert.pem output.

2)  Public Key  (or according to the UI header, an RSA Public Key)

This is annoying as it is supposed to be in the PEM certificate above or can be generated from the private key using openssl as follows:

openssl x509 -in cert.pem -pubkey -out certpub.pem

Extract the Public Key section from the certpub.pem file into pubkey.pem, and then:

openssl rsa -in pubkey.pem -out rsapubkey.pem

3)  RSA ENCRYPTED PRIVATE KEY

This gets me stumped.  I can generate a private key in pem.  I can even convert it into RSA PRIVATE KEY using:

openssl rsa -in key.pem -out rsakey.pem

But there is no reference whatsoever on how to convert that into a RSA ENCRYPTED PRIVATE KEY for use in the MS510TX/MS510TXPP.  And when I paste in RSA PRIVATE KEY, the MS510TX will not take it saying header mismatched or something similar.

Can someone give me a step by step on how to import a CA signed cert into the MS510TX please?

Model: MS510TX|8-port Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 10G Copper / 10G SFP+ Fiber Uplinks, MS510TXPP|8-port PoE+ Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 10G Copper / 10G SFP+ Fiber Uplinks
Message 1 of 3
Don_Thate
Aspirant

Re: MS510TX SSL import

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm facing the same header error.

Model: MS510TX|8-port Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 10G Copper / 10G SFP+ Fiber Uplinks
Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: MS510TX SSL import

@mlaihk / @Don_Thate,

A community member shared a link here that might help.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements