× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR GS108PE-300EUS and IPv6

ColinDexter
Tutor

NETGEAR GS108PE-300EUS and IPv6

I Just have bought a GS108PE-300EUS. But it seems it doesn’t support IPv6? I had expected that all new devices already had IPv6 support.

I have seen that there is newer firmware. If I install this, does this almost solve the IPv6 problem?

Best regards,

Colin

Model: GS108PEv3|ProSAFE Gigabit Plus Switch with PoE
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
ColinDexter
Tutor

Re: NETGEAR GS108PE-300EUS and IPv6

Hi, Thanks for your help. I have found that the setting “Block Unknown Multicast Address” blocks the IPv6 . Best regards, Colin

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @ColinDexter,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I'm afraid to inform your that GS108PEv3 switch only supports IPv6 Passthrough and this is not a limitation.  

To know the NETGEAR switch models that supports IPv6, kindly access the link below then scroll down on the right side pane then click on "IPv4 and IPv6 Support" and check IPv6 Management, Routing & Security.  

NETGEAR Product Switch Selector

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
ColinDexter
Tutor

Hi  Dane,

Thanks, also for the answer.  But sorry to say, it does not even pass-through IPv6. I Expected that. But it simply blocks IPv6. And that I didn’t expect 😞

Even when you config it as a simple switch without vlan’s it block IPv6.

Regards,

Colin

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ColinDexter,

I have seen that there is newer firmware. If I install this, does this almost solve the IPv6 problem?

Let us try this.  Since you have seen that there is a new firmware, I suggest you to update the firmware of the GS108PEv3 switch to the latest version which is v2.06.03.  You can download it here.  Be sure to perform a factory reset the GS108PEv3 switch after upgrading the firmware then reconfigure the settings from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.  Then, check if IPv6 Passthroguh will work on the GS108PEv3 switch.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
ColinDexter
Tutor

Hi, Thanks for your help. I have found that the setting “Block Unknown Multicast Address” blocks the IPv6 . Best regards, Colin
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements