× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR GS110TP - Ports failing - no light on 1st port after 24 hours, no light on 2nd after 24 hour

GeoffCoope
Aspirant

NETGEAR GS110TP - Ports failing - no light on 1st port after 24 hours, no light on 2nd after 24 hour

Hi, we bought this 8 port PoE switch at the end of June and have just got around to installing it into our home.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MHLUS8E/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0

Everything worked fine for the first 24 hours but now port 8 that connects to our BT HomeHub has failed, no light when plugging in a cable. I tried the next port along (port 7) and it lit up green and the internet was back up.  24 hours later and port 7 is now dead.  I Powered the switch off and turned it back on after a minute but that didnt help.  The port will not light up with the same cable.  I tried port 6 and it lit up and the internet was back on. 

Note1: I installed the latest firmware for the switch which went through fine. 
Note2: The Serial number on this website calls this switch a NETGEAR GS110TPv2
Note3: I am using Cat 6 cable, no PoE devices yet. 

So, is this a defective switch?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Geoff

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: NETGEAR GS110TP - Ports failing - no light on 1st port after 24 hours, no light on 2nd after ...

Hi Geoff, 

For the RMA, please click here. Select "Replace my defective product", it will ask you for some additional information including the serial number so you'll have to get them ready. Once you are connected to an expert, they will assist you with your RMA. 

Thanks,

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: NETGEAR GS110TP - Ports failing - no light on 1st port after 24 hours, no light on 2nd after ...

Hello GeoffCoope, 

Welcome to the community! 

You can probably try initiating a "Factory Reset", push and hold the factory reset button on the front of the switch. There should be some activity on the front lights or the power led when doing so. Can you PM me a picture of the bottom part of the switch where the serial number, mac, etc. is printed? 

Thanks,

Message 2 of 6
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Geoff, 

Let us know what happens after the factory reset. I have checked the serial number on our system and it indeed shows as a v2 unit. If the issue will still continue after the reset, I suggest filing a ticket for RMA.

Thanks, 

Message 3 of 6
GeoffCoope
Aspirant

Will do that this evening and let you know.  Thanks for the support.

Geoff

Message 4 of 6
GeoffCoope
Aspirant

Hi.  Ok, I reset by sticking a paperclip into "Factory Defaults, after the router came back up I tried port 8 = nothing, port 7 = nothing.  Port 6 was amber so tried port 5 and its green and internet is working.

I also tried different cables to rule that out and still the same result.

I take it I need to RMA?  Can you please provide the process?

Many thanks
Geoff

Message 5 of 6
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Geoff, 

For the RMA, please click here. Select "Replace my defective product", it will ask you for some additional information including the serial number so you'll have to get them ready. Once you are connected to an expert, they will assist you with your RMA. 

Thanks,

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements