× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear gs724t v3 wont factory reset

wharfingerman
Aspirant

Netgear gs724t v3 wont factory reset

HELP!!!i... so i have had a couple of gs724t v3 switches for some years and decided to update the firmware on one of them but something went wrong and now all that shoiws is the power light. Have tried RESET, have tried Factory RESET, unplugged it from everything, powered back on, Factory RESET again... nothing.... how to i restore it?

Model: GS724T|24-port Gigabit Smart Switch
Model: GS724T|24-port Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@wharfingerman,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Based from what you have described on your initial post, it seemed that your GS724Tv3 got bricked and needs to be replaced.  I suggest you to open a support ticket with NETGEAR Support here at anytime and kindly state what happened to your GS724Tv3 and the troubleshooting steps you did.  Also, upload a soft copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of your GS724Tv3 for warranty verification.  If the hardware warranty is still valid, an online replacement will be processed.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
wharfingerman
Aspirant

Hi

Thanks for the repsonse.

It is a shame that the main response has been "replace it" when there is a way to reboot it i have found through a very helpful person who talked me through the steps to reload the firmware...

his explanation was comprehensive and worked perfectly so i am now up and running again.

Anyway thanks for the reply..

Best

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@wharfingerman wrote:

It is a shame that the main response has been "replace it"

Please understand this is the formal way Netgear support processes are implemented, it's a fair offer.

@wharfingerman wrote:

...when there is a way to reboot it i have found through a very helpful person who talked me through the steps to reload the firmware...

his explanation was comprehensive and worked perfectly so i am now up and running again.

It's a shame you don't share this information here with the community. The deeper sense of a user community would be to find non-standard solutions, too.

Message 4 of 5
wharfingerman
Aspirant

Hi

Here is the link to the page that i found for how to reflash the firmware.

I was unsure of how to do a couple of bits so contacted the chap via email and he was extremely helpful

resolved the whole thing, reflashed the firnware and got the switch working again...

https://www.dutn.nl/repairs/reparaties_gs724t.html

Voila..

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements