× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Port Based Security

D1V
Follower
Follower

Port Based Security

Trying to figure out if something can be done or not but my goal is to try to keep someone from unplugging a device (Ubiquiti AP) on a switch and plugging their junk in...

Is there a way to say only allow a certain device to be plugged into one port? Thinking since this is an AP, there are going to be a lot of macs going through which I dont care about since this is an AP, I just dont want someone to unplug the AP and plug something else into the port.

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Port Based Security

Classic port based security can't be deployed for the obvious reason. The only robust approach is to deploy an 802.1x environment if you can't get the physical access under control - this is what large sites are deploying. Needless to say, this would require a lot of additional efforts 8-) No quick-and-dirty solution at hand. 

PS. Have requested a moderator moving this thread to the appropriate section, the Plus And Smart Switches Forum to discuss Smart Switches (T) and Plus Switches (E), including Local and Remote Management  

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements