× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

S350 GS348T - VLAN trunk - Switch to Switch not working

spook217
Aspirant

S350 GS348T - VLAN trunk - Switch to Switch not working

Hi All

I have connected another switch on to the SFP (Port 47) on this switch and setup tagged VLAN ID on both switch trunk ports (leaving VLAN1 untagged on trunk ports).  However, client pcs connected to untagged ports associated with a VLAN propagated to this netgear switch (also adding correct PVID)  do not get a network connection (DHCP)  - I can see the netgear switch picks up their mac address on the port.  

Default VLAN1 traffic works and is propagated (non VLAN) between the switches.

Now if I do the exact setup but connect the router directly on SFP (Port 47) everything works fine so I'm confident my settings are correct on the netgear switch.  Is it the upstream switch that's the problem?  Should I see the mac address of the router propagated to the netgear switch when it's connected to the other switch?  

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.   

Message 1 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Re: S350 GS348T - VLAN trunk - Switch to Switch not working

All tagged VLANS configured and enabled on both sides of the trunk connection accordingly?

For the access ports to different VLANs - for connecting devices where you expect participation in a VLAN different from the default 1 - are properly configured as untagged for the VLAN, and the PVID is set so the untagged traffic is assigned into the VLAN you expect - and no other VLAN associations?

Is there a DHCP server or service on the other VLAN(s) where you expect clients getting DHCP assignments?  

Message 2 of 6
spook217
Aspirant

Thanks for helping. I can confirm vlans are tagged on trunk ports on eack switch and PVIDs are set on access ports. The upstream switch is connected to pfsense firewall/router which has DHCP services for vlans.
Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Provide some screenshots from the VLAN and port configurations from both trunk ends.

Message 4 of 6
spook217
Aspirant

Message 5 of 6
spook217
Aspirant

VLAN1.pngVLANStatus.pngVLAN50.pngVLAN90.pngVLANStatus.pngVLANID.png

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies