× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Settings needed to create port trunking between qnap nas and Prosafe m4100-D12G managed switch

chopkins
Aspirant

Settings needed to create port trunking between qnap nas and Prosafe m4100-D12G managed switch

Hello,

I have a Prosafe M4100-D12G managed switch that I want to set link aggregate with a qnap TS-473a NAS's two 2.5GbE ports. I tried once but the nas could no longer be reached using the browser interface. I did a reset on the nas and I am now back to using one port. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated to get these two devices in LAG.

Thanks

Model: M4100-D12G (GSM5212v1h1)|10‐port GE + 2 GE Combo L2 Managed PD Switch
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Settings needed to create port trunking between qnap nas and Prosafe m4100-D12G managed switch

Should not be rocket science.

-> ProSAFE M4100 Managed Switch Software Administration Manual Software Version 10.0.1 - LAGs p.51 ff. 

• Create LAG (one per devie, e.g the QNAP
  • Add Ports LAG
  • Enable LAG
  • Adopt the LAG for VLAN membership

Note: For the LAG config, Static Mode indicates whether or not LACP is used, i.e. Static Mode set to Disable means
LACP is used.

Example: How to Configure LAG (applies to all switches with this Web UI)  

Similar on the QTS side - select the adapter, select the LAG mode (static or LACP). This does not cause a problem, worst case disconnect one link and the connectivity will be back. 

Message 2 of 4
chopkins
Aspirant

Re: Settings needed to create port trunking between qnap nas and Prosafe m4100-D12G managed switch

Hi and thanks,
What hash mode should I go with on the switch LAG?
Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Start with L2, or L2+L3. The hash mode defines the way traffic is distributed to the individual LAG member links. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements