× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Switch configuration for IP Surveillance

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Switch configuration for IP Surveillance

hello,

I'm configuring a gs752tpv2 series switch. In my network I have 15 cameras, 1 nvr and 15 pc. I would like to create a PVLAN for the video surveillance network by following this guide: 

https://www.netgear.com/images/pdf/IP-Video-Surveillance_Networking-Solution-Guide.pdf.

Sorry my little experience,but I have some questions.The port in promiscous mode has the pvid 100?the nvr is in this port? I have configurated all but it doesn't work and the members on the vlan isolated can  communicate each other

Model: GS752TP|ProSafe 48 ports PoE Smart switch with 8 PoE+ ports
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Switch configuration for IP Surveillance

Hi @Retired_Member,

I apologize for the late response.  As per page 16 of the article here, the port in promiscuous mode is a member of the Promiscuous Primary VLAN and it does not have a PVID.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Retired_Member,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

How is everything connected?  On what VLAN does the cameras / PCs / NVR belong?   

If ever the cameras are VLAN-aware devices, the ports where the cameras are connected should be set as tagged (T) ports with a PVID corresponding to the VLAN where they belong (for example, if the cameras belong to VLAN 100 connected to ports 1-15, ports 1-15 should be set as tagged ports with a PVID of 100). 

The PCs are not-VLAN-aware devices.  The ports where the PCs are connected should be set as untagged (U) ports with a PVID corresponding to the VLAN where they belong. 

Kindly access and read the article below as reference guide: 

What do I need to know about setting up VLANs?

How to create Layer 2 VLANs on NETGEAR ProSAFE Switches

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

thank you very much for your reply but I wanted to create something safer by following this guide:

https://www.netgear.com/images/pdf/IP-Surveillance_Application-Note-companion-document-to-the-soluti...

but the ports in the isolated vlan are not isolated each other and I wanted to know the VLAN and the pvid of port in promiscuos mode 

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Retired_Member,

I apologize for the late response.  As per page 16 of the article here, the port in promiscuous mode is a member of the Promiscuous Primary VLAN and it does not have a PVID.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thank you very much for the solution!!
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos