× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Two switches GS748Tv5 connecting to each other - different rooms

TomasRozek
Aspirant

Two switches GS748Tv5 connecting to each other - different rooms

Hello,

I would like to ask you for help. I am not too deep in networking and I need connect two switches to each other. I don´t expect any funcionality, just normal switching and when I connected two switched to each other, uplink was not working. I believe, cross cable is not needed as I checked in documentantion, ports are smart to recognize it.

It is working only when I set up port manually to 100mbit full duplex. But these switches are 1Gbit, so I would like to use gigabit instead of 100mbit. Is there any easy setup of this ports? Both are in default setup.

Thank you and sorry for this pretty general question. 

Tomas

Model: GS748Tv5|ProSafe 48 ports Gigabit Smart switch
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Two switches GS748Tv5 connecting to each other - different rooms

Whatever the link between the two switches is made of (wall installation with plugs, two patch cables?) - this reads like the wiring is incomplete or not correct installed to pairs.

Message 2 of 3
TomasRozek
Aspirant

Re: Two switches GS748Tv5 connecting to each other - different rooms

Hello, 

Well, there was another switch before and it was working perfectly fine. It was some old edgeCore. It was old and gigabit. Connection between these two racks are via normal cabelling, not patchcord but wall installation (CAT6e). I can measure it it there are some errors in quality of cables, but because it was working properly, I have expected some setup on switch.

Thank you

Tomas

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements