× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

When I connect my gs611e v2 switch to my Netgear Nighthawk router, I immediately lose my internet.

mrdunn
Aspirant

When I connect my gs611e v2 switch to my Netgear Nighthawk router, I immediately lose my internet.

I returned a defective GS611e switch and received a new GS611e v2 switch.  When I connect it to my Netgear Blackhawk router, I immediately lose my internet connection.  I have tried many reboots of modem, router and switch, reset to factory defaults  many times, etc.  Even tried a different router, same results.  My dumb switches work fine. My router is set for DHCP as is my switch.  About ready to throw it away and get a dumb switch, unless someone can help me.  I can configure the switch with the utility, tried to make a static IP, no change. 

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
mrdunn
Aspirant

Re: When I connect my gs611e v2 switch to my Netgear Nighthawk router, I immediately lose my interne

Well, it turned out it was connected to the wrong power supply.  Instead of using the one that came with v2, I used the one from v1, When I changed the power supply as someone hinted in the past, everything works.  Wasted several hours troubleshooting. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
mrdunn
Aspirant

Re: When I connect my gs611e v2 switch to my Netgear Nighthawk router, I immediately lose my interne

Well, it turned out it was connected to the wrong power supply.  Instead of using the one that came with v2, I used the one from v1, When I changed the power supply as someone hinted in the past, everything works.  Wasted several hours troubleshooting. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements