× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XS724EM - Black/Gray Front Panel

tkgregory
Aspirant

XS724EM - Black/Gray Front Panel

I am evaluating a XS724EM 24 Port 10gb Switch from a local partner. I received the Switch today which was in open box condition and was surprised to see that the front panel is gray/black rather than the blue. I confirmed the model number etc. and then scoured the web trying to find any information, pictures etc. of a gray version of this Switch. I called Netgear and was told the serial number is valid for the model and not to worry about the color as perhaps they are moving this model to the new color. It was not a definitive answer. Is anyone aware of this model shifting to the new color?

TIA

Model: XS724EM|24 Port 10-Gigabit/Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch with 2 SFP+ Ports
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: XS724EM - Black/Gray Front Panel

@tkgregory wrote:

I am evaluating a XS724EM 24 Port 10gb Switch from a local partner. I received the Switch today which was in open box condition and was surprised to see that the front panel is gray/black rather than the blue. ... Is anyone aware of this model shifting to the new color?

Test units from NTGR partners can be in general on any age and serial, even early access samples.

From the early Beta sample to the recent deliveries, all XS724EM were grey+grey - never seen a blue one, except as on some online shops and Netger Web images, the official data sheet, and the marketing images (dated 29. September 2017) - all units are always grey+grey like these:

XS716E_web_banner.jpg

Would not wonder if there was the idea in the past changing it to blue for the product launch - but they retained the grey colour for continuity and Smart Managed Plus standards - while most of the docs referenced were not changed accordingly.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

@tkgregory wrote:

I am evaluating a XS724EM 24 Port 10gb Switch from a local partner. I received the Switch today which was in open box condition and was surprised to see that the front panel is gray/black rather than the blue. ... Is anyone aware of this model shifting to the new color?

Test units from NTGR partners can be in general on any age and serial, even early access samples.

From the early Beta sample to the recent deliveries, all XS724EM were grey+grey - never seen a blue one, except as on some online shops and Netger Web images, the official data sheet, and the marketing images (dated 29. September 2017) - all units are always grey+grey like these:

XS716E_web_banner.jpg

Would not wonder if there was the idea in the past changing it to blue for the product launch - but they retained the grey colour for continuity and Smart Managed Plus standards - while most of the docs referenced were not changed accordingly.

Message 2 of 4
tkgregory
Aspirant

Thank you for the fast and thorough reply! There are several reviews online at tech websites such as Anandtech that show actual pictures of the blue version of the XS7824EM model in their write-ups (example)  However, after considerble searching I was able to find at least a couple of pictures taken by actual owners showing it in gray. Odd that virutally every piece of promotional and online content shows blue.  Regardless I have what I need and thanks again.  

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Indeed, the one on https://www.anandtech.com/show/13397/in-the-lab-netgear-24port-10gige-switch seems to be an early series production run unit. Let us know what colour you receive from your order!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements