× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

cant connect

paulglenco
Follower

cant connect

using the prosafe plus config utility it shows me that the IP address is 192.168.0.239 but tells me to use the web based utility when i try to config. I type that IP address in and it wont connect????

Model: GS108PEv3|ProSafe Gigabit Plus switch with PoE
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: cant connect

For accessing the 192.168.0.239 (/24) or any other IPv4 address in the 192.168.0.0/24 (255.255.255.0) subnet, the computer adapter must be in that very same IP subnet, on an address like 192.168.0.123 for example.

There are two options:

• Connect the switch to a network where a DHCP service is available, then use the Netgear SWitch Discovery Tool to find the assigned IP address, or check the router connected devices or DHCP table (man different names on consumer routers) for the switch MAC and the associated IPv4 address.
  • If this is just a single computer interface and a standalone switch connected, manually reconfigure the network adapter on the computer to an address in the switch default IP subnet (as explained above).

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements