× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

issues with 2 managed switches gs348t and a gs752tpv2

f_legion
Aspirant

issues with 2 managed switches gs348t and a gs752tpv2

As the title says. I have both of these switches in a daisychain. on the GS752 I have the WAN in port 1 and port 2 goes to port 1 of the gs348. There is a speed issue? on the GS348. No vlans are used and it is just seems really slow. Any suggesstions? would 1G spf help or just a configuration change.

Model: GS348T|NETGEAR® S350 Series 48-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP Ports, GS752TP|ProSafe 48 ports PoE Smart switch with 8 PoE+ ports
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: issues with 2 managed switches gs348t and a gs752tpv2

What kind of WAN is connected to the switch? How is this installation you connected to the Internet?

If there is a throughput limit near to one Gigabit for trafic between the two switches, a LAG config with additional links could be considered. The SPF ports are also Gigabit, unless you are short of ports on both switches, no need.

Message 2 of 4
f_legion
Aspirant

I have ATT fiber connected with symmetrical speed.(100 Mbs). I have it connected to a AT&T bgw 210 and there is no server distributing anything. There should be no throughput limit that I see. What is strange though, is that I have a alarm system connected but the only way to get to the web interface is to physically connect it to the gs752(sw1) and cannot get to the web interface on the gs348(sw2)? The same thing is that the Sonos will only work on sw1 and flaky when on sw2. if that helps.

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Start here for the Sonos required STP and IGMP multicast settings -> Configure STP settings to work with Sonos | Sonos

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements