× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

network chaos

RJ1240
Follower

network chaos

Evening,

About two weeks ago my network started to fall apart.  It started about the same time i added to Omada access points (EAP670 and EAS610 outdoor) to replace a 10 year old archer 2600.  Since then my WiFi seems to be ok, but I'm having a hell of a time with my wired network.  Things are dropping constantly and when i went looking for my netgear switch today (JGS516PE) i couldn't find it within my network.  I downloaded the netgear insight app to find it now had an IP address of 10.168..... which is way outside my regular 192.168 etc.  I have tried resetting everything to factory resets and building the network from scratch but continue to have issues, and my netgear switch is still nowhere to be seen on my LAN.  The switch is nearly 9 years old, is this its way of telling me its time for a replacement?

Any help is welcome

Ryan

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: network chaos

The switch remains operational as an (unconfigured) L2 switch following the factory reset, or are there still issues, and further on, it still can't be detected by the Insight App or for simplicity by the https://www.netgear.com/support/product/netgear-switch-discovery-tool#download from a direct connected computer?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements