× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

seems I bought the wrong switch😞

Hash70
Tutor

seems I bought the wrong switch😞

I was using a ampifi hd mesh system.my nvidia shield and formuler z8 were connected to 2 of the 4 ethernet ports on the amplifi hd but when only watching iptv the other ports were getting flooded with multicast so I was getting alot of high usage which caused buffering,someone suggested a network switch that supports igmp v3,on amazon I bought the gs308t and it said it supports igmpv3 but ive now found out it only supports igmp v1 and v2,will the gs308t still work and stop the flooding of the ports or am I best to send it bck and look at something else that support v3,I only need need a switch for watching iptv so not really intrested in the other features 

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Hash70
Tutor

Re: seems I bought the wrong switch😞

solved it,should have read the manual correctly it does support igmp v3,I was getting mixed up with igmp snooping querie setting as this allows you to select v1 to v2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Hash70
Tutor

Re: seems I bought the wrong switch😞

solved it,should have read the manual correctly it does support igmp v3,I was getting mixed up with igmp snooping querie setting as this allows you to select v1 to v2
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements