× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Backup/restore settings bug??

martinhj
Apprentice

Backup/restore settings bug??

So I just bought some new disks for my backup NAS. Originally I had JBOD but I have now moved to XRaid.

Bought a few new disks, backed up all the settings in the GUI, pulled the disks, put in the new disks and restored the settings.

Everything just fine except I noticed I had no email alerts.....went to re-do the alerts and was confused for a bit as it just would not work...a bit more digging and it turned out my DNS settings had not been restored. It was all working previously.

I've fixed my problem but you may wish to investigate as it perplexed me for a short while!...I'm using 6.5.1

Regards

Martin

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Restore settings doesn't restore all the settings.

It would be useful if Netgear provided more information on what isn't restored.

Message 2 of 6
martinhj
Apprentice

Yes I agree,

I have static IP setup and it maintained the IP address etc so was a little surprised the DNS wasnt set

Martin

Message 3 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

This should be fixed in the final 6.6.0 release (it's not fixed in RC2).

Message 4 of 6
martinhj
Apprentice

Great stuff! This one  did stump me for a little while and can imagine it would confuse others also.

Thanks

Martin

Message 5 of 6
Leia
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Here's the list that can be restored back on 6.6.0 final:

• Shares created on the same name volume(only one volume system supported)
  • Protocols setiings on the shares & that on System ->Settings -> Services page
  • Groups/users created on the same name volume
  • Backup jobs settings(no data restored)
  • Network settings DHCP & Static(include IP, DNS), VLAN settings. So if you want to restore a box with stactic IP, please make sure there's no IP conflit.
  • System settings of Alert Contacts, UPS, and some of Power Settings(Power Timer/WOL/Disk Spin-down)

Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements