× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 4.1.11

matsleight
Aspirant

Saw the bump from Chirpa - had completely missed this coming out last year. Is there any ongoing development work with it still? i.e. will it go final - in which case I'll move to it and report any bugs. If that is unlikely I'd rather stay with 4.1.10 as its been stable for me - dont fix what isnt broken 🙂
Message 1 of 22
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

4.1.11 public beta was just released today. So yes NetGear would intend to make a production 4.1.11 Release.

The 4.1.10 betas were last year and were in the same thread. The thread has been updated with the new 4.1.11 beta
Message 2 of 22
matsleight
Aspirant

Ah I get it, cool, shall crack on with installing then 🙂
Message 3 of 22
chirpa
Luminary

Ya, that post was from when I was still employed there, a year ago. Skywalker just edited it from the 4.1.10 beta to 4.1.11. Sneaking in under the radar 😉
Message 4 of 22
matsleight
Aspirant

Well the upgrade went fine as far as I can tell, can access my shares ok, Logitech media server is still there etc.
Only thing I can see is that ReadyDLNA is now version 1.1.0-cvs whereas I was using 1.1.0~rc4 - I'm assuming the one in T1 is a later/same version or should I update DLNA?
Playing music via wifi to logitech touch is ok, as is video via WIFI to my PS3. If anything file browsing seemed a bit faster.
Still get PS3 protocal 2104 errors but I think i you leave it a few seconds the folder appears - exactly the same behaviour as before.
Seems all good so far guys, let me know if you want me to specifically check anything.
Message 5 of 22
ig_88
Aspirant

So for anyone who has upgraded to T1, can you check the permissions on your top-level shares and whether they have changed? Just wondering if the nouser/nogroup issue is still fixed, or if the permissions have to be reset with the beta...thanks
Message 6 of 22
cableman1
Aspirant

Hi all,

Newbie here...I've just taken over as IT admin for my company and within the kit we have is a Netgear ReadyNAS with 2 WD RED 2TB drives in RAID 1.

Sadly, the ReadyNAs seems to drops off the network quite regularly.....it has v4.1.10 firmware....will upgrading the fw to 4.1.11 (in due course) help resolve this or is there another "fix" available to correct this issue?

regards
Tim
Message 7 of 22
StephenB
Guru

If you have ssh access, look to see if the OS partition is full.
Message 8 of 22
matsleight
Aspirant

my top level groups have nobody and nogroup as members, nothing else (accessing from windows using the nas admin account)
I dont have ssh
I dont have drop offs with .10 or .11
Message 9 of 22
WSJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

matsleight wrote:
Saw the bump from Chirpa - had completely missed this coming out last year. Is there any ongoing development work with it still? i.e. will it go final - in which case I'll move to it and report any bugs. If that is unlikely I'd rather stay with 4.1.10 as its been stable for me - dont fix what isnt broken 🙂

Any idea when 4.1.11 will be officially released?
Message 10 of 22
chirpa
Luminary

No idea. NTGR won't comment. Sparc is long EOL, and low priority for them. Maybe after 6.0.5, 5.3.8, 4.2.23, 1.2.2, it will be looked at for a few mins.
Message 11 of 22
WSJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

4.1.11 - still waiting for it ...

Now it's July - and still no progress.
Message 12 of 22
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thank you for your patience. I'm informed there should be a production release for Sparc very soon!
Message 13 of 22
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thanks again for your patience.

Thanks to those who tested 4.1.11 beta. 4.1.12 is now available: http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=71842
Message 14 of 22
WSJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

4.1.12 - almost gave up hope

Well, I have to admit that I did no longer had any hope for 4.1.12 to be released.
And then, out of a sudden, I've received mail from my NAS: "New Firmware available".
Today I've downloaded 4.1.2 - and I can confirm: the update went smoothly.
Message 15 of 22
IanSav
Apprentice

Hi WSJ,

Can you please update the thread with your experiences running in this new firmware release.

Regards,
Ian.
Message 16 of 22
WSJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, I've updated the firmware only yesterday.
The update itself when smoothly - and so far everything is o.k.
If I experience anything strange or wrong, I'll post it here.
Message 17 of 22
WSJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oops - just seen: "Re: Duo v1 - Update to 4.1.12 - no access, even not with SSH" and "NV+ - Raidiator 4.1.12 upgrade - no access now"
Seems that I've been lucky... (I'm using PHP Version 5.3.17)
Message 18 of 22
IanSav
Apprentice

Hmmmm, I think I'll wait for more of a shakedown before I upgrade. Netgear appears to no longer have any quality control checks in place. Netgear may not care about my data but I certainly care. I don't want my data to rely on luck!
Message 19 of 22
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

PHP is a community add-on. NetGear does not support these. It is up to community developers to update their addons (if needed) to be compatible with new firmware. It has long been recommended by the community to have EnableRootSSH installed before installing the PHP add-on.
Message 20 of 22
WSJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've contacted Stefan regarding the PHP addon.
Message 21 of 22
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

So have I. He is working on a new version of the add-on. Once it is ready he will email it to those who purchased the PHP 5.3.18 and 5.3.20 add-ons for Sparc
Message 22 of 22
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements