× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

4.2.19-T4: Something wrong with the volume's CNID DB

snooker
Star

4.2.19-T4: Something wrong with the volume's CNID DB

I tried the 4.2.19-T4 together with OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) and using AFP.

From time to time I received the Message "Something wrong with the volume's CNID DB" from the Frontview Web-Application. When I received this popup, I typically made some very intensive data-transfer (the initial fill of the NAS).

In Addition to the Popup Message the transfers are aborted.
--> Copying 200GB Data with > 100K Files was not possibe, the transfer aborted. Also a second try failed.
--> Backup to an attached USD-Drive (EXT3) also failed with unspecific error messages.

After that, I switched back to 4.2.17 and all File-Transfer and also to Backup worked as a charme. And I never got this Popup again.

Best regards
Jan
Message 1 of 4
mpconnelly
Aspirant

Re: 4.2.19-T4: Something wrong with the volume's CNID DB

I have a similar error. The net result of which is that the volume is in read-only mode when accessed via AFP.

I can still access the same shares without issue using SMB.

I didn't have this issue prior to upgrading to 4.2.19-T4, which I did because I was using the shortlived 4.2.18 and Mac OS X Lion.
Message 2 of 4
ibd2
Aspirant

I am also running Snow Leopard and after my ReadyNas Ultra 4 Plus was upgraded to 4.2.19, AFP is giving me errors about having to use a temporary CNID DB. I have iTunes pointing to a directory on the ReadyNAS and now iTunes has stopped being able to see the directory after the upgrade. Also, many of the directories are read only.

Help?!
Message 3 of 4
amac27
Aspirant

@idb2 - check this thread viewtopic.php?f=28&t=56734
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation