× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

6.1.5 release

vandermerwe
Master

6.1.5 release

Perhaps mdgm knows when 6.1.5 will be available this week. I'm keen to get going with the expected factory default that is likely to be required.
Message 1 of 164
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: 6.1.5 release ETA

I don't work at NetGear so I could only make a guess (which would probably be wrong). I read on the forum that 6.1.5 was due to be released this week (but as always that is subject to it passing QA testing so there could be delays). See http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=411761#p411761

A factory default (wipes all data, settings, everything) would not be required, but would be a good idea if you have the time to get a filesystem that has been created with better parameters. I plan on doing a factory default on all my systems that run ReadyNAS OS 6 after the update.
Message 2 of 164
vandermerwe
Master

Yes, that's where I read about the release this week. 6.1.4 was released on a Monday so I was hoping you were about to post an announcement on the forums, I do realise you don't work for them.
I'm planning to factory default too and have a couple of days suitable for this now, hence my impatience.

Thanks.
Message 3 of 164
chirpa
Luminary

You can watch this directory for 6.1.5 to show up: ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-300/
Thats all mdgm and I do, since NTGR is slow to post the actual announcements here.
Message 4 of 164
JMehring
Apprentice

mdgm wrote:
A factory default (wipes all data, settings, everything) would not be required, but would be a good idea if you have the time to get a filesystem that has been created with better parameters. I plan on doing a factory default on all my systems that run ReadyNAS OS 6 after the update.

Do you have any idea what those better parameter are going to be? Still btrfs?

Just curious so I know if I should create a new complete backup set up my existing NAS.
Message 5 of 164
chirpa
Luminary

JMehring wrote:
Do you have any idea what those better parameter are going to be?
viewtopic.php?p=411589#p411589
Message 6 of 164
vandermerwe
Master

Looks like de niro may be wrong, no sign of 6.1.5 this week.
Message 7 of 164
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Well plans can change for one reason or another. I would expect 6.1.5 to be released sometime this month
Message 8 of 164
olest
Guide

Re: Sv: 6.1.5 release ETA

I was told by support that they expect to release 6.2 mid december.

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk2
Message 9 of 164
super_poussin
Virtuoso

olest wrote:

6.2 ???
Message 10 of 164
beisser1
Aspirant

olest wrote:

support was likely wrong.
they meant 6.1.5
Message 11 of 164
mbaran
Aspirant

any update?

My unit it sitting untouched now for at least 2 weeks since I know 6.1.5 update requires a wipe. I would love to start using this...
Message 12 of 164
vandermerwe
Master

See FTP link in earlier post. Just have to wait.
Message 13 of 164
jagabongo
Aspirant

Who the hell says there will be a factory default required and for what exactly? Is there any source for this !?!?
Message 14 of 164
InTheShires
Tutor

jagabongo wrote:
Who the hell says there will be a factory default required and for what exactly? Is there any source for this !?!?

https://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopi ... 45#p411589
Message 15 of 164
jagabongo
Aspirant

fuck 😄

So a complete wipe is needed for future performance ?
Message 16 of 164
super_poussin
Virtuoso

yep in my opinion a Factory is not mandatory
Message 17 of 164
xeltros
Apprentice

With linux there are only a few things mandatory. But if BTRFS block size has to be changed, then the volume will have to be formatted to take advantage of this (the block size being handled when formatting only). That said, you can always send some commands to avoid losing data by creating another volume and then migrate the data from one volume to another. If the patch has nothing to do with the block size but only updates kernel and utils, then no format is needed IMO.
Either way, I'm eagerly waiting for the update to be able to use my NAS as I planned to when buying it.
Message 18 of 164
UteDohrs
Aspirant

GREAT.... now i have to wait for new Firmware before i use the complete 6GB Raid5 in my RN104. 😞

Sorry but that is Shi...

When the new Firmware is official ????
Message 19 of 164
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I think if not today (US Time) maybe early January.
Message 20 of 164
IICODECll
Aspirant

*crosses fingers* I'm basically dead in the water as well with our RN516 units as well. Well, one is literally dead in the water as it's been air lifted to Netgear support. There other are just sitting in a raft with life support. 🙂
Message 21 of 164
xeltros
Apprentice

Then you just miss the fire extinguishers and a really big fan to simulate a tropical storm 😉

I just don't understand why it takes that much time to compile a new kernel for two arch, update the utilities via apt-get, change the mkfs parameters when resetting, quickly test and upload this. It would fix everything after a reset. I believe one could do this in less than 6hours. Let's make it a week for extensive testing. I hope there is more in the update than this fix.
If this update isn't here by early january, I'll seriously think about patching this myself...
Message 22 of 164
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There's probably a bit more too it than you mentioned. Some backporting for one thing.

The update would have other changes too. Maybe some of those have taken a while to implement.

I don't think patching it yourself would be a practical solution.
Message 23 of 164
UteDohrs
Aspirant

Why you speak in riddles ?

Are you not allowed to say what you know (eg. about the betas) ??

Or Netgear plans a Christmas Gift ? 🙂

Year... now Netgear presents a stable RN104.... get what you paid for ... after many months....
Message 24 of 164
super_poussin
Virtuoso

6.1.5 release ETA

There's no beta so mdgm like me is thinking that there's only to option :

A firmware today before Christmas break

Or

A firmware in January

We are not NETGEAR so we can only guess
Message 25 of 164
Top Contributors
Discussion stats