× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

[6.2.3-T1773 (Beta 10)] Add backup error

olest
Guide

[6.2.3-T1773 (Beta 10)] Add backup error

When I try to add a new rsync backup job the "Path" field at the right stays red and the mouse over text is "BACKUP_INSPECTOR_ERROR".
When I use the test connection button I get no error but I'm unable to hit Next button to add the job (nothing happens).
Message 1 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Re: [6.2.3-T1742] Add backup error

I am seeing this also on the RN102.

I'm finding it works properly if the remote system is the source. If fails when the remote system is the destination.

BTW, the same bug happens with 6.3.3-T142.
Message 2 of 8
olest
Guide

Re: [6.2.3-T1751 (Beta 9)] Add backup error

Still not working with 6.2.3-T1751 (Beta 9)
Message 3 of 8
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

Re: [6.2.3-T1751 (Beta 9)] Add backup error

It's being worked on.
Message 4 of 8
olest
Guide

Re: [6.2.3-T1773 (Beta 10)] Add backup error

With beta 10 I can create backup jobs.
One little thing is that when I select remote rsync the "share" label doesn't change to "path" as it should - but it works.
Message 5 of 8
gibxxi
Guide

Have you tried running one of the created Rsync backups olest?

I'm getting nested share folders on either end regardless of the direction of the sync/backup.

[Local Share (PC) -> NAS via DeltaCopy]

Local Share: RN-Music

F:\RN-Music
....Share Content

Remote Share (NAS): Music

/data/Music
....Share Content

Then once I run the job (PC to NAS)...

/data/Music
....Share Content
....RN-Music
........Synced Content

Same going back the opposite way except the share "Music" from the NAS gets copied into the pre-existing DeltaCopy share "RN-Music" on the PC. In both cases, duplicated content. Backup jobs set up exactly the same way on the OS6 device as I have set up on the other OS4 device. So it's copying the share folder into the share folder on the destination, instead of just the content as I'd expect. The "share" folders already exist on both ends, so should not need to be re-created/nested.
Message 6 of 8
olest
Guide

I only do rsync nas to nas and i works fine
Message 7 of 8
gibxxi
Guide

olest wrote:
I only do rsync nas to nas and i works fine

It was an error on my part. Forgot to specify the root path "/" for both source on the Web-UI and the target path in DeltaCopy (which is easy to overlook). Appears to be working as intended now (NAS-NAS, NAS-PC and PC-NAS).

One thing that is somewhat annoying is that unlike OS4, the backup log doesn't get updated using the "copy" logs when a job is in progress. So for big jobs the only way to see the realtime progress is to SSH in and do:

tail -f /tmp/backup_XXX_copy.log 

Where "XXX" is the name of the backup job you wish to monitor. The complete log file is displayed upon job completion as expected though.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements