× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAIDar 6.0-T13 Feedback

ahpsi1
Tutor

RAIDar 6.0-T13 Feedback

I'm running RAIDar 6.0-T13 on a Windows 8.1 system with four accessible ReadyNAS 4.x series models. My only significant suggestion would be to reorganize the data displayed into more 'horizontal friendly' layout. With four RN's I had to move the app to a 4k monitor to see all four RN's without using the scrollbar. Not a huge inconvenience or anything - just the eyes move more easily left to right than they do up and down. Most monitors are now 16:9 so we have more room horizontally than vertically and with a small amount of information it makes more sense (IMHO) to group the data together similarly to the way it was grouped in the legacy RAIDar.

Just my 2 cents.
Message 1 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: RAIDar 6.0-T13 Feedback

I just started with T14, but it must be similar to T13 and I agree. This is an unnecessarily large display. There was little wrong with the old RAIRar except that it didn't display all attributes for OS 6.0 systems. This is just a lot of unnecessary graphical noise. Don't try to make it pretty, it's a UTILITY. Make it USEFULL in as small a footprint as possible.

If you think anyone cares to make it pretty, give us an option.

God, I long for when the original Jedi's controlled it. They knew what was important and what was fluff.
Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: RAIDar 6.0-T13 Feedback

I have 5 NAS at the moment, and would like to see them all on a fullscreen 16:9 display w/o needing to vertically scroll. So I support revising the the presentation to 16:9

I don't see any conflict between an attractive/fresh presentation and making it useful myself.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements