× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

回复: LMS app on ReadyNASOS 6.10.2-T49 (Beta 1)

Supertramp11
Luminary

LMS app on ReadyNASOS 6.10.2-T49 (Beta 1)

https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Beta/OS-6-10-1-T32-Beta-1-on-PRO-6/m-p/1762321#M10641

My LMS app is sometimes shown as Off, although it is running/streaming fine. This behaviour got introduced with 6.10.1 and is still happening on this beta.

Message 1 of 8
Supertramp11
Luminary

Re: LMS app on ReadyNASOS 6.10.2-T49 (Beta 1)

Since this behaviour is about 1 out of 4 times, I looked into the systemd-journal.log and found that yesterday - 31st Aug - (when LMS was shown as running) there are the following entries related to LMS:

Aug 31 21:22:47 ReadyNAS systemd[1]: Starting Service for lms...

Aug 31 21:22:51 ReadyNAS systemd[1]: Started Service for lms.

Aug 31 22:22:44 ReadyNAS systemd[1]: Stopping Service for lms...

Aug 31 22:22:45 ReadyNAS systemd[1]: Stopped Service for lms.

Today - 1st Sep - there are no LMS related entries... although LMS has been running/streaming fine for the whole day.

Not sure if this is relevant. Happy to provide more info...

Message 2 of 8
Icewaterhot
NETGEAR Employee

Hello @Supertramp11 ,

What version of the  LMS app are you installing? Is it installed from our app store?

Message 3 of 8
Supertramp11
Luminary

Hi,

No, the LMS app in the store is too old.

I am using Logitech’s nightly build of LMS followed by super_poussin’s famous lms_1.09_all.deb app.

This still works fine on the current beta except for showing the active apps in the OS6 UI, which shows “off” 1 out of 4 times on average although it is working fine.

For completeness, this behaviour got introduced with 6.10.1 and did not occur in 6.10.0 and before.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 8
Icewaterhot
NETGEAR Employee

We cannot guarantee the availability of your own installed applications as this has not been tested. Your app sometimes turns off. You can check it under ssh at "/apps/logitechmediaserver"
"systemctl status logitechmediaserver.service" to see if the service is stopped, you can check the reason for the stop.

Message 5 of 8
Supertramp11
Luminary

Fully understood.

Unfortunately the LMS app in the store has not been updated since almost 3 years, i.e. I have not much of a choice other than to use the one from Logitech.

By the way, the app never turns off. The OS6 UI is either showing it as "on" (most of the times) or showing it as "off". In both cases it is working as expected so not a concern currently. Just wanted to share it since this is what this forum is for.

I am keeping 6.10.0 in case I ever have to go back to the latest version of OS6 where the above did not occur.

Thanks so far for continuing to unofficially support my PRO 6.

Message 6 of 8
Supertramp11
Luminary

Using command "systemctl status logitechmediaserver.service" when LMS is shown as running:

• logitechmediaserver.service - LSB: Startup script for the Logitech Media Server

Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/logitechmediaserver; generated; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: active (exited) since Tue 2019-09-10 13:40:37 CEST; 12min ago

Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)

CGroup: /system.slice/logitechmediaserver.service

Sep 10 13:40:36 ReadyNAS systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Startup script for the Logitech Media Server...

Sep 10 13:40:36 ReadyNAS logitechmediaserver[2834]: Making sure that Logitech Media Server is not running first: No process in pidfile '/var/run/logitechmediaserver.pid' found running; none killed.

Sep 10 13:40:36 ReadyNAS logitechmediaserver[2834]: Starting Logitech Media Server.

Sep 10 13:40:37 ReadyNAS systemd[1]: Started LSB: Startup script for the Logitech Media Server.

Using command "systemctl status logitechmediaserver.service" when LMS is NOT shown as running:

• logitechmediaserver.service - LSB: Startup script for the Logitech Media Server

Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/logitechmediaserver; generated; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: active (running) since Fri 2019-09-13 06:55:58 CEST; 3min 46s ago

Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)

CGroup: /system.slice/logitechmediaserver.service

├─2853 /bin/bash /usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver_safe /usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver --prefsdir /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs --logdir /var/log/squeezeboxserver/ --cachedir /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache --charset=utf8

└─2894 /usr/bin/perl /usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver --prefsdir /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs --logdir /var/log/squeezeboxserver/ --cachedir /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache --charset=utf8

Sep 13 06:55:58 ReadyNAS systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Startup script for the Logitech Media Server...

Sep 13 06:55:58 ReadyNAS logitechmediaserver[2837]: Making sure that Logitech Media Server is not running first: No process in pidfile '/var/run/logitechmediaserver.pid' found running; none killed.

Sep 13 06:55:58 ReadyNAS logitechmediaserver[2837]: Starting Logitech Media Server.

Sep 13 06:55:58 ReadyNAS systemd[1]: Started LSB: Startup script for the Logitech Media Server.

So the difference between the two is:

├─2853 /bin/bash /usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver_safe /usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver --prefsdir /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs --logdir /var/log/squeezeboxserver/ --cachedir /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache --charset=utf8

└─2894 /usr/bin/perl /usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver --prefsdir /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs --logdir /var/log/squeezeboxserver/ --cachedir /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache --charset=utf8

Unfortunately I do not have the necessary skills to understand what this means?

Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Not really sure, but I think the normal startup for the service begins with running the squeezeboxserver_safe script (which should then terminate).  In the second case, it isn't terminating.  So squeezeboxserver might not be all the way up (even though it is apparently working).  

There should be stuff logged somewhere.  I think the default location for it's logs is /var/log/squeezeboxserver so perhaps look there first.  You could also look with journalctl.  

BTW, if http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Logitech_Media_Server_file_locations is correct, the app puts quite a bit of stuff in the OS partition (database, cache, and logs).  You might check the OS partition free space.  It should be possible to move some of this stuff into /apps and (replacing folders with soft links).

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements