× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: wont copy Folders & Files to RN

spanner11051
Aspirant

wont copy Folders & Files to RN

Hi all

I am a Professional Photographer I am a complete Newbie with ReadyNAS I bought one with the intention of copying all my Photographs from over the Years onto it I have made a folder on my Nas called Kensphotographbackup and tried to drop the folders from my HD on my computer straight onto it (like it says) but nothing is happening !! Perhaps I haven't got the settings right ?
I have also tried to copy the folders via Filezilla but it wont let me I can copy 1 photo at a time by dragging and dropping but I need to be able to copy complete folders.
Please help !!!!!!

Thank You 😞
Message 1 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

How are you connected to the NAS?

Via \\ip.address.of.nas in Windows Explorer?

Via your web browser?

What version of ReadyNAS OS are you running?
Message 2 of 7
spanner11051
Aspirant

I have sorted it thanks I did a factory reset.

I am connecting USB - USB from computer to Nas and dragging and dropping into the folder I made on the ReadyNAS window (that says drag and drop files or folders here to upload)

I have a ReadyNAS 104 with 2 hard drives in a 4TB and a 6TB
Message 3 of 7
vandermerwe
Master

Do you have a router or switch to which you could connect both the pc and Nas; using Ethernet cables.
The way you have connected is not really the way the NAS is supposed to be connected.
Message 4 of 7
spanner11051
Aspirant

Hi vandermerwe

Thanks for your support I have it sorted now ? (I think) when I go into my computer and network I see my naz there and can just drag and drop my photos into the folders like it is a HD.

Brill as I said I am a newbie with this nas but slowly getting around it
Message 5 of 7
vandermerwe
Master

So you've connected both devices to you router?
Message 6 of 7
spanner11051
Aspirant

Yes Thank You m8
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements