Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't access ReadyNAS 102 via ReadyCloud

cnsayre
Aspirant

Can't access ReadyNAS 102 via ReadyCloud

I just got a ReadyNAS 102 last week. It was bare, so I popped in two 2GB drives (yes they're compatible, I checked), and was off and running. I set it up, setup some shares, and backedup my laptop to it. Woot! Now I have a backup system that doesn't require my laptop to be tethered in place to back it up!

I was able to access the shares at work, so double woot! All was good. Right? Wrong!

Last night, I tried to access the ReadyNAS via Firefox. I was greeted with endless loops of asking for my userID and password. Odd. I rebooted the ReadyNAS. Nope, still doing it. Rebooted my laptop. Still doing it. I tried other browsers, even though Firefox was working well before. Still getting endless UserID and Password requests.

I have a share mapped as a drive on my laptop. That's still accessible. I can get to the NAS by typing \\READYNASNAME in a Explorer window. But ReadyCloud and web access aren't working now. The last thing I tried was to sync the ReadyNAS with my DropBox account. Could that have screwed something up?

Can I fix this? Is the ReadyNAS broken?

RAIDar can see it, but to "setup" or "browse" it launches a browser window and again, I'm asked for countless userID's and passwords.

Oh! One last thing: Running Windows 7 and the ReadyNAS is, I think, updated to the latest BIOS and had the antivirus stuff turned on. And yes, I know the password I set.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

cnsayre

Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: Can't access ReadyNAS 102 via ReadyCloud

did you try the NAS admin account for your login?
Message 2 of 7
cnsayre
Aspirant

Yep. the default ID and Password give the same results of the unending ID/Password request loop, as does trying the https://<<ReadyNAS IP Address>> route.
Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

If this is happening on your LAN then perhaps you should contact support. If you purchased within 90 days, you can use phone support, otherwise use support.netgear.com
Message 4 of 7
cnsayre
Aspirant

I just bought it last week, so I'll try giving Netgear a call. Thanks!
Message 5 of 7
uniwow
Aspirant

Were you able to resolve this issue? I started experiencing the same thing tonight.
Message 6 of 7
1600dave
Aspirant

I'm having issues with mine, I can login to readycloud, but it won't discover my device.
However If I go to the manage tab, it's showing an RN104 with different serial number and data usage to my NAS.
If i click admin page, it takes me to the admin page for my NAS.

If I do the discovery by holding the backup button, it will discover my NAS, but going to the manage tab shows another NAS, which I can't delete.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements