Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't get ReadyNAS 10400 online. #24867852

orb
Tutor
Tutor

Can't get ReadyNAS 10400 online. #24867852

Wonder if you could help please guys.

I just bought my new ReadyNAS 104 yesterday and have been nearly 24hours trying to get it online with no luck.

First of all I expected Readycloud to detect the ReadyNAS, but for me it did nothing automatically & didn't detect anything. I I did set the NAS up exactly as set out in the manual etc.

Now I can use it in offline mode, but the front display just shows 'Cannot Connect Discovery Server' all the time. Eventually (after about 15 minutes or so it will show its NAS number and IP address) but I'm guessing this is still
just in offline mode? I actually had to skip the Readycloud setup as nothing was happening so I just setup in off-line mode. Now I can add remove files from the NAS etc via the browser, but as for anything like setting the clock to a time server or downloading apps etc Im just continually getting errors as if it's not connected to anything. So I can't download apps etc either and I wanted the antivirus app at least.

I'm also in communication with Netgear help but I seem to be getting nowhere fast. I've done what they've suggested e.g changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 4.2.2.2 and also adding my routers ip to the DNS servers etc. However I have set these back to the way they were as it did nothing at all.

I can ping the NAS fine from my computer. I have tried rebooting the NAS, rebooting my computer many times. I've unplugged the network cable, pressed the backup button for 5 seconds to put the NAS in discovery mode etc etc but it' always reverts to displaying it's favourite message which is.. 'Cannot Connect Discovery Server'. So.. I'm guessing I'm not actually online and this is why I can't download any apps etc

Any advice you can give me please guys?

Many Thanks

Message 1 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't get ReadyNAS 10400 online. #24867852

Perhaps you could try assigning a static I.P. address to your NAS in your router's settings?

It doesn't look like your NAS is picking up an I.P. address from your router. The I.P. in the screenshot is not in the right range.
Message 2 of 7
orb
Tutor
Tutor

mdgm wrote:
Perhaps you could try assigning a static I.P. address to your NAS in your router's settings?

It doesn't look like your NAS is picking up an I.P. address from your router. The I.P. in the screenshot is not in the right range.

Hi and thanks for responding..

I was told by netgear support to add the 8.8.8.8 & 4.2.2.2 into the Network > DNS Server area in the NAS's Admin page however as this didn't do anything I just deleted them to
revert it back to the default configuration. So now In my Network area (NAS Admin Page) I have nothing showing in DNS servers which was what it was like initially.

If I assign a static i.p. what do I put for a MAC address? as my router asks for a MAC also?

Message 3 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The MAC Address shows under Network on the NAS web admin page.
Message 4 of 7
orb
Tutor
Tutor

mdgm wrote:
The MAC Address shows under Network on the NAS web admin page.

Sorry mdgm.. Yes I actually found it on the back of the NAS 😮

I did add an address reservation in my Sky router settings for the NAS with the appropriate I.P and MAC etc, however the router spat back at me telling me that the I.P was out of range. It added it anyway
however it made no difference to me not being able to connect, or downloads apps etc.

I see my post has been labled with my support number now and the support team are helping me again 🙂

I'll be back if I don't get any further.
Message 5 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You need to assign the NAS an I.P. in the correct range.

If your router's I.P. is e.g. 192.168.0.1 then you need to assign the NAS an I.P. 192.168.0.x where x is a number from 1 to 254
Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

The easiest thing to do is unassign the address, and reboot the router. Then assign the NAS the address the router has already automatically assigned. Then the router will preserve that address.
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements