Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't give full access to ReadyCloud user RN212 OS 6.10.3

LVictor
Aspirant

I have a problem and hope for help. From ReadyCloud I send an invitation to another user ReadyCloud. He accepts the invitation to the folder. Sees her empty. I gave read / write permissions. The home folder is visible to him along with the contents.

Help mе, please.

Regards,

Victor

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Can't give full access to ReadyCloud user RN212 OS 6.10.3

I'm not completely following the question.  But I think you are saying you are trying to give an existing local user access via ReadyCloud so that user can access his home folder.  If that's the problem, then there is no direct solution.  The local user and ReadyCloud users are, from the standpoint of the NAS, not the same user.  And you cannot give one user access to another's personal folder.

One solution is you create a share that's not a user home share (and can't be named the same as the user), give the proper permissions to "both users", and move or copy the files to the new share.

Another option is to use a VPN rather than ReadyCloud for remote access. 

Message 2 of 6
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@LVictor

Welcome to the Community!

Can you try removing the user first and then toggle the ReadyCloud service on the NAS, then re invite the user afterwards. Please make sure as well that the Internet and Service indicators are on Green under the Cloud Tab of the admin page.

@Sandshark is right though if you are trying to share a Home share folder. it should be a different share. You will have to follow what he suggested if this is the case.

HTH

Regards

Message 3 of 6
LVictor
Aspirant

Hello! Thanks. No, I didn’t invite a local user, but a cloud one. It only helped to reset access rights to this resource.

Regards,

Victor

Message 4 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi LVictor,

Do you still have the same issue after re-inviting the user?

Please also try resetting the permissions of the shared folder. You can do that by logging in to the local admin page of the NAS then go to file access tab of the shared folder settings.

Regards,

Message 5 of 6
LVictor
Aspirant

Hello! Thanks. I wrote how I solved this problem.

regards,

Victor

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements