Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Continous backup stopped working

Andy-J
Initiate

Continous backup stopped working

Hi,

I've just updated my Readynas 212 firmware to latest version 6.8.1 and have now discovered the continuous backup setting no longer works. Before the update any files/folders created or modified were automatically backed up within a few minutes. Now I have to rely on a separately scheduled daily backup which works fine.  I have another two NAS units requesting updates but obviously I'm now reluctant to do this.

I’ve tried deleting & recreating the backup schedule (Continuous mode) with no success. 

Any help or advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks Andy J

Model: RN212D21|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2-Bay
Message 1 of 15
jozifa
Aspirant

I have the same problem with my ReadyNas 312. New firmware on iphone version 2.0.0(2027) is not backing up, showing uploading, but not progress. ReadyNas firmware is updated as well.

Model: ReadyNAS-3100|ReadyNAS-3100
Message 2 of 15
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Hello Andy-J,

Welcome to the community.

Which application did you use to "the continous backup"? Readycloud Windows/MAC app or iOS/Android  readycloud app or any where?

Best Regards.

Message 3 of 15
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Hi jozifa,

What is your iphone's ios version? Which network does you iphone use? Same LAN with your nas, different LAN, or 3G/4G?

Would you please try to disable and enable backup again?

Best Regards.

Message 4 of 15
Andy-J
Initiate

Hi,

Thanks for getting back, I access Readynas vault via Windows10 / Chrome https://vault.readynas.com/account/login Here I manage the backup schedules & types.  I've just applied latest firmware ver 6.9.0 in the hope this will fix the problem but unfortunately not. Still no continous backup feature. I can only rely on daily backups at the moment.

Thanks 

Andy J 

Message 5 of 15
jozifa
Aspirant

Hi,

Sorry for late reply due to my email setting error. My iphone 5s version is ios 11.1.2. The media backing up is not uploading. It is on same LAN. The media backup on my other devices, ipads, iphoneSE seems working. I also have tried reset, en/disble it and even reinstall the Readycloud app. 

Message 6 of 15
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @jozifa

Do other devices where backup is working also run on iOS 11.2? Have you tried using Mobile connection? What is the Firmware version installed on your ReadyNAS?

Do media backups work before your update to iOS 11.2 or ReadyNAS 6.9.0? You may want to try 6.9.1 if you have not updated yet.

I would suggest contacting NETGEAR Support and log a case so experts can assist with troubleshooting and escalate the case to a higher tier if needed.

Hi @Andy-J

Have you contacted ReadyNAS Vault support about this? If not I suggest contacting them. You may have to update to the latest version of the application for Vault.

Regards

Message 7 of 15
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @jozifa

I would like to check if you are still having issues with ReadyCloud, Have you tried contacting Support?

Your feedback will be much appreciated..

Regards

Message 8 of 15
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi@Jozifa

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information We've provided has helped resolve your concern or if you need further assistance.  If ever your concern has been fixed, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards

Message 9 of 15
jozifa
Aspirant

Hi Marc_v:

My Mac devices running on IOS 11.1.2 and Readycloud 2.0.0 (2027). Only the Mida BACkup on my 5s phone is not working. Before it updated to new version Readycloud, it worked. Now it seems can find the NAS but indicating uploading only, not progress. On the same time, my iphone 5s can acess files on that NAS. Thanks.

Message 10 of 15
jozifa
Aspirant

Hi   BingkeX :

IOS 11.1.2, they are on same home network. cheers

Message 11 of 15
jozifa
Aspirant

Hi Marc:

The firmware is 6.9.0, it is newest version. I think the moblie app (version 2.0.0(2027) is the cause of problem, the old version of the mobile app worked.

Message 12 of 15
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @jozifa

All of your Mac devices are running on iOS 11.1.2 and ReadyCloud 2.0.0 but only the iPhone 5S is not currently not backing up but can access the files on your NAS?

so the iPhone 5S running on an older version of ReadyCloud other than 2.0.0 is working? ReadyNAS firmware 6.9.1 is now available you may want to try that.

I would try to check this but I would recommend logging in a case with Support so they can properly forward it to engineering.

Regards

Message 13 of 15
jozifa
Aspirant

Hi Marc:

All my devices including my iphone 5s are on same version of Readycloud 2.0.0. I have updated firmware to 6.9.1 and  the same. For my device, the support portal doesn't allow me to create a case. Apparently, the problem is caused by the mobile readycloud app rather than my NAS device. It is really frustrated. 

Message 14 of 15
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @jozifa

This has been inquired and we are just awaiting for feedback on this issue.

Regards

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements