Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to create ReadyCloud

bgswsi
Aspirant

How to create ReadyCloud

I am trying to create a ReadyCloud account.  When I go to site readycloud.netgear.com the borwser changes address to netgear.com.  Why?  How do I create an account?  Manual says first step is go to readycloud.netgear.com.  https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R7000/ReadyCLOUD_Routers_UM_08May2015.pdf

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@bgswsi wrote:

Thanks for letting me know.  Why did they cancel it?

They didn't say.  The announcement is here (though the service actually shut down in July 2023).;

It was a free service, so costs were covered by new product sales (both routers and ReadyNAS). They have exited their NAS business (the last ReadyNAS platform was launched in 2017), so the drop in ReadyNAS revenue must have factored into it.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@bgswsi wrote:

I am trying to create a ReadyCloud account. 

Netgear took down ReadyCloud in July 2023, so it is not possible to create an account now (or use the services)

Message 2 of 4
bgswsi
Aspirant

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@bgswsi wrote:

They didn't say.  The announcement is here (though the service actually shut down in July 2023).;

It was a free service, so costs were covered by new product sales (both routers and ReadyNAS). They have exited their NAS business (the last ReadyNAS platform was launched in 2017), so the drop in ReadyNAS revenue must have factored into it.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements