Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NV+ RND4000 end of life... upgrade to ReadyNAS OS 6?

sangedenet
Tutor

NV+ RND4000 end of life... upgrade to ReadyNAS OS 6?

I got an email stating that my nas is being EOL and I should upgrade to  ReadyNAS OS 6

Excerpt:

"While these systems will continue to operate, we recommend that you upgrade to a ReadyNAS OS 6 storage system. These storage systems feature significantly improved hardware specifications and performance."

How can I do that for my version since I have the NV v1?

Model: RND4000 |ReadyNAS NV+ v1|EOL
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: NV+ RND4000 end of life... upgrade to ReadyNAS OS 6?

@sangedenet wrote:

"While these systems will continue to operate, we recommend that you upgrade to a ReadyNAS OS 6 storage system. These storage systems feature significantly improved hardware specifications and performance."

The suggestion is that you purchase a new OS 6 ReadyNAS and retire the aging v1.  Your call of course.  

The product was replaced in 2011 by the v2 (and later on the v2 was replaced by the OS 6 NAS).  So it hasn't been sold by Netgear in about 5 years.

I have a Duo v1 and an NV+ v1 which I repurposed as backup devices a few years ago.   I'll run them until they fail, but I won't invest money in maintaining them.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@sangedenet wrote:

The suggestion is that you purchase a new OS 6 ReadyNAS and retire the aging v1.  Your call of course.  

The product was replaced in 2011 by the v2 (and later on the v2 was replaced by the OS 6 NAS).  So it hasn't been sold by Netgear in about 5 years.

I have a Duo v1 and an NV+ v1 which I repurposed as backup devices a few years ago.   I'll run them until they fail, but I won't invest money in maintaining them.

Message 2 of 3
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi sangedenet,

I agree with StephenB. Either you replace this old NV+ with a new one, using the same set of drives (but would have to undergo a complicated process to make it work) or make this a backup ReadyNAS while running a new unit with its own set of drives.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements