Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No share visible from ReadyCloud

koray
Tutor

No share visible from ReadyCloud

Hello,
I have a Netgear 102 nas using OS 6.2.2. I have created many shares on it. I can access the shares via the admin site, via windows explorer, I can see my nas in ReadyCloud but I can see no shared folders in it. I am not able to find what I should do to share them in ReadyCloud.

Help is most wellcome.

Thank you,
Koray.

Message 1 of 8
Nhellie
Virtuoso

Re: No share visible from ReadyCloud

You will have to configure each share that you want users to access.

see KB below:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22871

more info in setting up readycloud:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detai ... -system%3F
Message 2 of 8
koray
Tutor

Hello,
thank you for quick reply but in the KB at step 5 I see no folder under my nas... that is my main problem.
Message 3 of 8
koray
Tutor

Even tough I have created a share names Test, activated all protocols and in security I have put everyone as read/write, do I have to configure something else?
Message 4 of 8
Nhellie
Virtuoso

can you forward port 6300 to the IP of your NAS?
Message 5 of 8
koray
Tutor

Done, I have forwarded TCP 6300, still nothing...
Message 6 of 8
EskenderNG
NETGEAR Employee

Hello,

Short recap to see if I understand the situation correctly:
You have multiple shares that allow access for “everyone”. However, when you log into the readycloud website with the readycloud admin account you only see the ReadyNAS devices but not shares in the folder tree?

If so, what happens when you access your ReadyNAS using the same account but through the ReadyCLOUD Desktop App instead. Do you see the shares then? Have you created any other ReadyCLOUD users before, are they able to see the shares?
If this pretty much describes the situation, then I had a similar problem. In my case deleting the ReadyCLOUD admin account and creating a new one solved the problem.

Bye,
Eskender
Message 7 of 8
koray
Tutor

Hello Eskender, yes you understand the situation correctly. Yes, I can see the shares on the ReadyCloud desktop client. No, I have not created any other ReadyCloud users, I will create one now... Done but when I log in to ReadyCloud with it it shows the discover page. I click on discover, it discovers but only the manage page is available. I go to manage but I cannot see this user in the cloud users. I have deleted my ReadyCloud account fron ReadyCloud. Now in manage > Accounts > Cloud Users is empty....

Forget all I said 🙂 Finally I have removed my nas fron readycloud then readded it I was able to see my folders, then I was able to share one folder with the new user etc. I have no more problems.

Thank you Nhellie for your efforts and Eskender for your help!!!
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements