Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN 10400 : unable to log to readycloud

Blek
Aspirant

RN 10400 : unable to log to readycloud

Hello all.

I try a new topic, nothing I've found had been helpful for now.

I got a RN10400, everything was fine till the move of readycloud to mynetgear thing.

I think I followed every steps I found on support and community, nothing work.

One detail is on this page :
https://kb.netgear.com/30599/How-do-I-upgrade-my-ReadyCLOUD-account-if-I-have-a-MyNETGEAR-com-accoun...

In step 5.

I never had the "bind" button, or "I want to use a different email" button (or I don't remember, my brain is not so effective with all this mess...).

I have 2 different mynetgear account, impossible to merge, never had a news from netgear to merge them, after asking by mails, but it seems to be possible to attach the NAS to both of them....

Has someone an idea ?

And also, I forgot, on the admin page / cloud, internet is availble but not the services and there too, I don't know why.... 

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Blek
Aspirant

At end, what works for me :

---------------------------------

You need to enable SSH on the NAS (system->settings->services).

You connect to the NAS from a Windows PC using putty, which can be downloaded here: https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html Enter the IP address of the NAS, and make sure the option for SSH is checked.  You'll log in as root, using the NAS admin's password.

On a mac, you use terminal - entering ssh root@nas-ip-address (using the real IP of course).  Again, use the NAS admin password.

After that, you enter the command 

mv /opt/readycloud/etc/registration.conf /opt/readycloud/etc/registration.conf.bak

That renames the file, it doesn't actually delete it.

----------------------------

Then I reinstall the OS from the boot menu, return to original configuration (admin / password), and then all of a sudden, everything was ok, log to mynetgear account and possibility of readycloud.

That's it 🙂

Thanx to all for the motivation, and if that could help, it's cool 🙂

Best regards

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
Blek
Aspirant

I tried this, but it says that he's unable to connect to my mynetgear account....

You connect to the NAS from a Windows PC using putty, which can be downloaded here: https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html Enter the IP address of the NAS, and make sure the option for SSH is checked.  You'll log in as root, using the NAS admin's password.

On a mac, you use terminal - entering ssh root@nas-ip-address (using the real IP of course).  Again, use the NAS admin password.

mv /opt/readycloud/etc/registration.conf /opt/readycloud/etc/registration.conf.bak

Message 2 of 9
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Hello blek,

What is your issue now? Unable to log to readycloud? Or upgrade to my Netgear account issue?

You don't need to merge 2 my Netgear account, they are different independent my Netgear accounts. Upgrading account is just to upgrade old readycloud account to new my Netgear account.

What is your nas firmware version? When you join nas to you my Netgear account, login to readycloud portal http://readycloud.netgear.com with your my Netgear accout, can you see your devices? What is the status of device?

Best Regards

Message 3 of 9
Blek
Aspirant

First, Thanx for answering 🙂

Right now, it's still impossible to log to readycloud or netgear account.

The update has been done on both accohnt and both doesn't work. 

To make sure it wasn't about the account, after  renaming the file, I also create a new account to test an eventual account malfunction... nothing.

The firmware is the latest (6.9.0).

And no, I can't join my nas to my netgear account, this is the step that does'nt work...

When I activate readycloud, it asks me a mail/password box then a new message i didn't have before. "impossible to connect to readycloud, your Nas may be missconfigured. contact netgear"

And internet and services lights have disappeared on the cloud page.

In local, all works fine, pc and macs can read and manage.

To be continued, looking for these status lights....

Message 4 of 9
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Blek,

You may try assigning a static DNS on your NAS. You can use the 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Regards,
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 9
Blek
Aspirant

Already done....

Message 6 of 9
Blek
Aspirant

Following a reboot of the nas, the status are available \o/

Internet available, services not...

Message 7 of 9
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Blek,

PM to you. Please check.

Best Regards.

Message 8 of 9
Blek
Aspirant

At end, what works for me :

Then I reinstall the OS from the boot menu, return to original configuration (admin / password), and then all of a sudden, everything was ok, log to mynetgear account and possibility of readycloud.

That's it 🙂

Thanx to all for the motivation, and if that could help, it's cool 🙂

Best regards

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements