Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN212 Admin Password

StephensHomes
Aspirant

RN212 Admin Password

Upgraded to Firmware 6.6.0 can't access Admin Page. Cleared Cache. Get Message "Your connection to this site is not private". When I select "Cancel" I get message "Sorry, password recovery has not been set on this device. Due to security reasons, password recovery is not available." I need to clear my snapshots as they are filling the disk space.

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN212 Admin Password

@StephensHomes wrote:

It returns me to this same screen. Blank Page with Pop-up Login Box. 

It will do that if the password is incorrect (and it won't tell you what the problem is).  

You might need to try an OS re-install from the boot menu.  That resets the network configuration to use DHCP and also resets the admin password to password

Instructions are on page 53-54 here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNAS_%20OS6_Desktop_HM_EN.pdf

Be careful not do to a factory default, that will destroy your data.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

If you choose "cancel" on the log in popup you will end up on the password recovery screen.

So don't do that.  Use the browser controls to proceed to the site (overriding the security warning), then enter "admin" for the username and the ReadyNAS admin password on the log in popup.

Message 2 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello StephensHomes,

You must be referring to the browser security just like the on from this article which you just need to proceed and not to cancel.

Username is admin and by default password is the word password.

Regards,

Message 3 of 7
StephensHomes
Aspirant

Thanks JennC...

However, this is what I am getting:

RN-admin.jpg

So I am not even given an opportunity to bypass.

Message 4 of 7
StephenB
Guru

If you enter the credentials and click on "Log In" what happens?

Message 5 of 7
StephensHomes
Aspirant

It returns me to this same screen. Blank Page with Pop-up Login Box. If I cancel the box, then it takes me to the Password Recovery page with the note "Sorry, password recovery has not been set on this device. Due to security reasons, password recovery is not available."

Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@StephensHomes wrote:

It returns me to this same screen. Blank Page with Pop-up Login Box. 

It will do that if the password is incorrect (and it won't tell you what the problem is).  

You might need to try an OS re-install from the boot menu.  That resets the network configuration to use DHCP and also resets the admin password to password

Instructions are on page 53-54 here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNAS_%20OS6_Desktop_HM_EN.pdf

Be careful not do to a factory default, that will destroy your data.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements