Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ready cloud app sync issues

IT_Teks
Aspirant

Ready cloud app sync issues

Hi Guys,

I have been looking for a solution for the past 2 days on the internet, to why isn't my ReadyNAS app is not syncing with the NAS! I have found out that I'm not the only person with this issue, there are alot of other people with the same issue and solution NONE! 

I called up Netgear to get a bit of help they told me they would charge me $95 dollars to get this looked at! COME ON I already paid for this now since your hardware and software not working correctly why are you making customers pay for your faulty product.

Can someone please fix this issue! google readycloud not syncing and have look at the result of people having the same issue and NO Solution at all! 

Please help

Model: RN10223D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 17
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello IT_Teks,

Please provide more information such as the model number of your NAS, the firmware version, if you are using a ReadyCloud Windows desktop client or an app, the error message you are getting.

The support team probably found that your NAS' support warranty has expired and you were offered support contracts.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 17
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi IT_Teks,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 17
IT_Teks
Aspirant

Hi,

Sorry nah after spending 2 weeks on it I finally gived up and bought a Synology which works amazingly, and sorry to say but it has a lot more features and user friendly.

Thanks for the help anyways.

Message 4 of 17

I'm having the same issue with my ReadyNAS 202. I'm running readycloud 1.15 and the readynas is running 6.6.1 firmware version.

This problem has existed for some time, and I have been hoping supsequent updates to firmwar enad software may have resolved it, however it still exists.

I am able to create a new sync folder in readycloud and it sync's sucessfully to the NAS, however, if any files or folders are changed within the synced folder, the changes are never synced across, only the original files and folders that were there when the sync was first created are ever there, meaning its not a true backup.

Any suggestions to solve this issue ?

Message 5 of 17
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bellbirdweb17,

I just would like to confirm if this is the step or setup that you are using?

How do I back up data from a Windows PC to my ReadyNAS OS 6 system using the ReadyCLOUD client?

I am asking so that I can better understand that way you have it configured that way I can have inquired properly.

Regards,

Message 6 of 17

Hi there @FramerV,

Yes looking through that page, its exactly the setup I have in place, however any new files or folders added once the sync folders are established, are not updated onto the NAS.

Message 7 of 17
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bellbirdweb17,

Does the issue happen both ways?

As far as I understand, it does not sync when a change is made on the ReadyNAS side?

So anything you do on the PC side gets synced not just the other way around? Am I right?

Regards,

Message 8 of 17
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bellbirdweb17,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 9 of 17

No the issue is reverse, files changes on the PC are not synced to the NAS.

I have not tried in reverese, as I am using the NAS as a backup, not a shared drive, so I would not normally change files on the NAS directly, I am relying on it being a mirror of the PC

Message 10 of 17

As no solutiuon as yet been offered, then no I'm not in a position to Accept as solution

Message 11 of 17
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bellbirdweb17,

Thank you for clarifying. Can you provide a screenshot of your ReadyCloud app?

Also, when was your ReadyNAS purchased?

Regards,

Message 12 of 17

Readycloud screen shot.jpg

The NAS was purchased in May 2016

Message 13 of 17
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bellbirdweb17,

Hmm, the new firmware would have addressed this issue or at least helped it in a way.

Does this happen to multiple computers?

I am guessing you have re-created the sync as well...

Regards,

Message 14 of 17

Hi there @FramerV,

I actually have 2 different NAS (Same models) running, and its the same on both systems.

Yes have re-created the sync's as well. Sends everything across the first time, but then never adds or removes anything new when the folders change.

I'm now looking for some 3rd party software that might do a better job, as this is leaving me at risk of losing data in the event of a hardware failure, whcih was the reason I purchased the NAS units in the first place.

Message 15 of 17
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bellbirdweb17,

You could try OwnCloud or the BitTorrent sync app, I have not used them so I cannot really give a feedback about it.

Regards,

Message 16 of 17
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bellbirdweb17,

Just would like to verify if you considered using OwnCloud or BitTorrent.

Regards,

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements