Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud App shows PRJNAME

olt1892
Follower

ReadyCloud App shows PRJNAME

Hello:

My ReadyCloud Client App now shows PRJNAME. The PC is running Windows 10.
As far as I know, I didn't make any changes to my PC (other than the recommended updates by Microsoft)
The only thing that happened recently was:
(1) I upgraded the NAS RN204 to 6.10.5 HotFix 1 a few days ago.
(2)  After NAS rebooted, it said one of the hard drives was unhealthy.
(3) Shutdown NAS
(4) Replaced the bad harddrive and started up the NAS again.
(5) When I tried to connect the ReadyCloud App, it showed PRJNAME now.

I read other threads about this issue: Suggestion includes installing a Microsoft patch for Windows 7 (didn't work for me because it said that the patch is not for my OS).

Another suggestion is to upgrade java. I didn't see any "java" in Control Panel / Programs. I went to java.com and installed Java in any case.

The issue is still unresolved.

Any other suggestions?

Does the App log the errors locally? If yes, where I can see the error?

Thanks.

Tony

Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyCloud App shows PRJNAME

@olt1892,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Do you have a software firewall or anti-virus program installed in your PC?  If yes, kindly disable it.

If disabling the software firewall or anti-virus program did not help, kindly try to install Windows 10 .net framework indicated by StephenB on this old forum here (Message 21 of 34).

Also, try to uninstall then re-install the ReadyCloud Client App.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
MariaTV
Aspirant

I too, started having this issue during 2018. I worked extensively with Netgear Tech SUpport.  They had no advice other than to reinstall WIndows 10. SO I did that and 6 months later I had the same problem again.  To my knowledge there has been no resolution to this software issue.

If there is a known fix, please advise.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

This is a problem with JAVA.  I'm not sure it's always the same root cause within JAVA, so the same solution may not work for all, but un-installing and re-installing JAVA is one option to try.  If you are running 64-bit Windows and haven't got both 64-bit and 32-bit JAVA installed, that also might be an issue.

There is an old thread (sorry, no pointer) about a JAVA patch needed in Win7 to fix this.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements