Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCloud email invited users cannot access share subfolders away from wlan RN10200

saglogog
Aspirant

ReadyCloud email invited users cannot access share subfolders away from wlan RN10200 (ReadyNAS 102)

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
saglogog
Aspirant

Re: ReadyCloud email invited users cannot access share subfolders away from wlan RN10200

Thank you for your reply and forgive my delay.
What I did was reset the file permissions and re-assign the ReadyCLOUD accounts to the affected folder.
At the same time I updated the OS of the NAS.
The permissions reset seemed to resolve the issue, however for reasons unknown the next the contents of the affected folder had dissappeared.
To resolve the new issue, I tried many things but what seemed to work was simply renaming the folder, that for some reason made the contents reappear. Then I re-renamed it to its original name.
Anyway, the file permissions reset seems like the way to go.
Also, for anyone reading this, don't forget to snapshotting and backing up to an external disk before trying something like that.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
saglogog
Aspirant

My issue is similar to the second users on the previous link.

Users invited through readycloud cannot access the subfolders of readynas share neither with the readycloud app nor with through the browser. That presents a problem as remote users cannot access the nas we use at the office.

I have tried inviting users with and without local accounts
Tried giving only read AND read/write access
Only SMB network access is activated
Readycloud admin can see all shares normally
Share w/ anonymous access enabled seems to be accessed normally.

Firmware version 6.6.1, RN10200, ReadyNas 102
Message 2 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @saglogog

Welcome to the community!

Have you tried removing and re inviting the users? You may want to update your Readynas OS.

Please also try to include 8.8.8.8 to your DNS servers under Network settings of the NAS.

hope this helps!

Regards!

Message 3 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @saglogog

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
saglogog
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply and forgive my delay.
What I did was reset the file permissions and re-assign the ReadyCLOUD accounts to the affected folder.
At the same time I updated the OS of the NAS.
The permissions reset seemed to resolve the issue, however for reasons unknown the next the contents of the affected folder had dissappeared.
To resolve the new issue, I tried many things but what seemed to work was simply renaming the folder, that for some reason made the contents reappear. Then I re-renamed it to its original name.
Anyway, the file permissions reset seems like the way to go.
Also, for anyone reading this, don't forget to snapshotting and backing up to an external disk before trying something like that.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements