Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud not working - shows up as offline

EGokie62
Aspirant

ReadyCloud not working - shows up as offline

Hi, I'm Eugene. I work for the Department of Defense here in the North Chicago area.

I recently purchase a Netgear NAS RN102.

Was able to get it setup. Enter the Admin panel. Was changing the TCP/IP address to Static. Made the change. Closed out Chrome.

The IP 192.168.x.xx I entered did not change.

Now my ReadyCloud NAS shows up as offline. I've tried a reset and even power off. Nothing I try brings it back online and makes it discoverable.

Anyone care to coach the newbie?

Thanks,

Eugene

Message 1 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyCloud not working - shows up as offline

Sounds like when you changed it to static you didn't set the DNS servers correctly.

Rather than configuring a static I.P. in the NAS settings, I prefer to configure the router to assign a static I.P. address to the MAC of the NIC in the NAS.
Message 2 of 9
EGokie62
Aspirant

Thanks.

How do I get back to the setting to change that if the ReadyRas is offline?

v/r

Eugene
Message 3 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you access it via the local admin page?

Open RAIDar, select the NAS and click setup. User is 'admin' (no quotes).
Message 4 of 9
krazydav
Aspirant

Static IP has been a problem for some including myself. Try setting it to DHCP and see if it comes back. If so then this is an item that Netgear needs to address. Also, if even with IPv4 set to DHCP and if ReadyCloud doesn't right itself then also enable IPv6, also DHCP.
Message 5 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Static I.P. configured in the web admin UI works fine, but you have to configure it correctly. If you don't then the NAS won't be able to communicate with the internet and services such as ReadyCloud won't work.

Much simpler to configure the Static I.P. in the settings of your router and leave the NAS to pick up an I.P. address via DHCP.
Message 6 of 9
krazydav
Aspirant

What is correctly for the sake of non experts?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
Message 7 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You need to set the I.P. address, Subnet Mask and Router correctly and under the DNS tab specify the DNS server. The DNS server is usually your router but you can specify a different one as well if you prefer.
Message 8 of 9
Moto
Aspirant

Op didn't say whether assigning a static IP through the rrouter fixed the problem, but here is another possibe solution:

I had the same problem with ReadyCloud showing my new NAS 516 as offiline.  After some expert Level 3 tech support, it was determined that the 516 came with 6.08 FW.  When I set it up, ReadyCloud indicated a FW upgrade to 6.4.0, which I apparently did.  The prpblem is that you must update to 6.1.5 FIRST, then from there to 6.4.0.  Otherwise there are parts of the FW that do not get activated, and that was causing the problem.  The solution was to back up the NAS to an external disk, then do a Factory Defaulr, which wipes the NAS and REINSTALLS FW 6.4.0.  The copy everything back from the external drive to the NAS.  PROBLEM SOLVED!

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements