Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readycloud iOS App - Can't see directories

dbchud
Aspirant

Readycloud iOS App - Can't see directories

Hi

Apologies if this has already been covered or if posted in the incorrect section of the forum.

Since the upgrade to 6.5 of the ReadyNAS unit I'm unable to see directories on my iOS App. I can see everything fine on the desktop App.

I have ensure I'm on the latest version (6.5.1), restarted, cleared caches, logged out and back in etc and now at a dead end.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks
Message 1 of 14
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dbchud,

Welcome to the community!

You're not the only one who reported this issue accessing the ReadyNAS using the ReadyCLOUD iOS (mobile) app. Can you confirm if you can access your ReadyNAS from the web portal page using the same login (admin /or secondary)?

Looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 14
dbchud
Aspirant

Hi Brian,

I am using the same log on for the web portal and iOS app.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
Gary
Message 3 of 14
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dbchud,

Thanks for the info. Let me raise this to my colleagues and let you know if I hear something from them.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 14
jeffdan06
Aspirant

I also have the same problem with iPhone. Web desktop no issues. When at home on local network no issues. On 4G mobile network. It can see a connection to NaS. When push NAS folders do not connect.

Message 5 of 14
dbchud
Aspirant

Interesting it works ok for you when connected to the local network.

It doesn't work for me at all 👀
Message 6 of 14
lwillerton
Aspirant

Hi All,

I have had a few problems seeing shares on my readynas, however I have now got to the stage where I can see them on the web portal but not on iOS app. Devices is seen and reports connected in the app, but when I select the device I just get refreshing.

Not sure if this is the same issue as you guys are experiancing but it seems to be along the same lines so hope you don't mind my post.

Best Wishes

Lee 

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay
Message 7 of 14
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi all,

We are aware of the issue with the ReadyCLOUD iOS app. You may also want to report this to our support team and have your support tickets forwarded to the Engineering department.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 14
lwillerton
Aspirant

Hi BrianL

I have just tried to register with support but I have to purchase a support card. If this is a known fault it is very disapointing that I cant register the fault free and get feedback once fixed.

I hope someone on the fourm can help once a resolution has been found by Netgear.

Best Regards

Lee

Message 9 of 14
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi lwillteron,

Thanks for the info. Let my consult my colleagues about this issue and post back once I hear back from them.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 10 of 14
dbchud
Aspirant

I have just upgraded my NAS to version 6.6.0 and now I can view some directories.  Looks like some are missing but hoping that's just a sync issue.  Looks like this may have been resolved. 

Message 11 of 14
lwillerton
Aspirant

Hi All,

So I upgraded to 6.6.0 last night and I can see the top level folders and nothing else. I have left it for 24 hours to see if there are some sync issues but personally I don't think this has been resolved.

One reason I purchased this NAS was so I could back up photos off my iPhone's/iPad's and it has not worked for months now. The spec says it should work and it is a key selling point and it doesn't!!!! Time to start asking for my money back I think, very disappointed in the time it is taking Netgear to resolve.
Message 12 of 14
lwillerton
Aspirant

So just tried to get on to Readycloud via iPhone app.

First screen says
ReadyNAS 314 connected

Second screen
lists all my top level directories

Third screen
Connected VPN top of screen.
Info bubble pops up saying "Error login failed" OK.

Can't upload pics otherwise I would have done as it might be easier to see.

Message 13 of 14
jeffdan06
Aspirant

I hae the same issue, have also found when im on my mates wifi network i can access the directories, however I'll then switch to the 4G network and it cant find them. very strange.

Please help as this s the reason I purchased the NAS for my business.

Message 14 of 14
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements