Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 428 offline/online messages

tetrawest
Apprentice

Readynas 428 offline/online messages

I have a ReadyNAS 428. For the past year or so, I have recieved e-mails from insightalerts@netgear.com that the ReadyNAS is offline. Then about 3 minutes later I receive another one that the ReadyNAS is on-line.

I would get a few of these a week, and usually attributed it to some issue in my network. But now I am receving these multiple times a day, sometimes multiple times per hour. 

The device is not off-line. On the internal network we can access the ReadyNAS. Since it is off-line for such a short period, I have not been about to check if remote access is affected. The internal logs do not show the device going off-line.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I'm running Firmware 6.10.4

Here are the messages. I removed the personal information about our network and serial number

Dear tetrawest,

The following device lost communication with the NETGEAR Insight cloud service at approximately 04-Feb-2021 06:12.

Severity: Warning

Device Name

Network Name

Serial Number

Model

IP Address

ReadyNAS-XXX

xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxx

ReadyNAS 428

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Sincerely,

The NETGEAR Insight Team

Do not reply to this message. This message is automatically generated.

Dear tetrawest,

The following device resumed communication with the NETGEAR Insight cloud service at approximately 04-Feb-2021 06:15.

Severity: Information

Device Name

Network Name

Serial Number

Model

IP Address

ReadyNAS-XXX

XXXXXX

xxxxxxxxxxxx

ReadyNAS 428

XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Sincerely,

The NETGEAR Insight Team

Do not reply to this message. This message is automatically generated.

You are receiving this email because of your notification settings in NETGEAR Insight. To manage your Insight notification settings, visit How do I view and manage Insight notifications?

©2021NETGEAR, Inc. NETGEAR, the NETGEAR logo and NETGEAR Insight are trademarks of NETGEAR, Inc. 350 E. Plumeria Drive, San Jose, CA 95134 USA.

Model: RN428|ReadyNAS 428 – High-performance Business Data Storage - 8-Bays
Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas 428 offline/online messages

I don't use insight right now, but I did try is some years back and had the same problem.  The insight connection to the NAS is built on top of the ReadyCloud VPN, and you will see these errors whenever there's a glitch in ReadyCloud.  I don't think there's anything you can do about them, other than ignore them.

Message 2 of 7
tetrawest
Apprentice

The odd thing, it was infrequent, a few times a week. Now it is multiple times a day.

Are there any Netgear people with a comment or suggestion?

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@tetrawest wrote:

Are there any Netgear people with a comment or suggestion?

Hopefully @Marc_V or @JohnCM_S will chime in.

Message 4 of 7
tetrawest
Apprentice

Please don't take my request for NETGEAR help as a slight to you (as I look back and see it might be taken). I appreciate your help. I just want some of the official NETGEAR people to explain why their system is not working. I have enough issues with the BR500 VPN routers. It seems their VPN implementations seem to be a common issue.

I could shutoff notifications, but I'd really like to know when my unit is actually having problems. 

Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@tetrawest wrote:

Please don't take my request for NETGEAR help as a slight to you

I didn't take it that way, so no worries.

Message 6 of 7
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi tetrawest,

Can you share the network configuration that you have on your NAS? May I also know your network topology (switches, firewall, etc)?

Regards,

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements