Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Sync is corrupting files

poko2121
Aspirant

Sync is corrupting files

Hi, I have an RN312 readynas and have been having a big issue with my cloud storage.  I noticed it first with my Onedrive but then tested it on google drive, dropbox and amazon drive and got the same results.  I'm on a mac and noticed if I quickly create a new folder on my nas and then drag a file to it and rename the file all pretty quickly that the file gets synced to the cloud with a file size of 0 kb.  It then eventually syncs back to my nas (bidirectional sync) and makes the same file on my nas 0 kb and I basically lose the file.  

It's pretty scary as I don't know when it will happen (I've tried slowing down my file saving to prevent it, but it still sometimes happens) and I can't risk finding out some day in the future that I no longer have an important file I may need because it got corrupted during the cloud sync process.

Anybody else have this issue or know of how it can be fixed?

Thank you

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi poko2121,

Is this only happening when you are using the Mac computer? If you test it on a Windows PC, are you getting the same problem?

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
poko2121
Aspirant

I just tried it from a windows computer and couldn't recreate the issue

Message 3 of 6
poko2121
Aspirant

So just to clarify, yes it seems to only be happening on Mac computer

Message 4 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi poko2121,

We would need to check this issue further. May I know the version of your MacOS? May I also know the current firmware version of your RN312?

Please also provide the latest system logs of your NAS. You can upload it to a file-sharing site then send me the download link via private message.

Regards,

Message 5 of 6
poko2121
Aspirant

Hi JohnCM_S I'm running 6.10.3 (I see that 6.10.4 just recently came out and I'll update.  I notice a reference to OneDrive sync in the changelog).  Running mac os 10.14.6.  I'll pm you the logs

Thank you!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements