Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

User has been Auto deleted - all data lost

mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: User has been Auto deleted - all data lost

The instructions are clear. Once you get it into the boot menu you can cycle through the different options by pressing the backup button. Once you've reached the option you want you press the reset button briefly once more to confirm your choice.

andy_blanc we are getting back to users when we can. You can send a follow up message to the team if you like. Some of us (e.g. myself) have a public holiday for Easter Monday so I will have some catching up to do come Tuesday.

Message 601 of 707
StephenB
Guru

@dthibeault270 wrote:

The directions are a little off as I have more lights on the front of my unit then the directions indicate (5 LEDs vs 4).  

You ignore the activity light for this.  Also, the light pattern in the instructions is only used when you are selecting the boot mode.  Once you start booting, the lights will change.

I really hope that the power led was lit when you made your selection.  If it were off, you might have done a factory default by mistake, and that will wipe your data.

I suggest checking the current status using RAIDar:  https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads?cid=wmt_netgear_organic#raidar

Message 602 of 707
Björn_Eberhardt
Aspirant

Oh, that sounds like a minefield. I would always be extremely cautious if data is at stake. I'm so glad that my unit has a LCD screen 😄

I will turn on my device again this Monday evening, in Debug Mode, so we can try the 3rd script. I had turned it off during weekend to save power and review the previous recovery results.
Message 603 of 707
jak0lantash
Mentor

@Björn_Eberhardt wrote:
Oh, that sounds like a minefield. I would always be extremely cautious if data is at stake. I'm so glad that my unit has a LCD screen 😄

It's actually not that difficult. If you follow the instructions carefully, it's no problem. The KB article clearly states which LEDs to look at.

https://kb.netgear.com/22892/How-do-I-access-the-boot-menu-on-my-ReadyNAS-102-202-212-or-312

Message 604 of 707
simon2457
Tutor

Re: ReadyNas showing as 'offline' even though its online

Hi All

I'm still trying to get some answers and assistance with this issue.

Thank fully we do not use Home Folders and have regular backups so no data was lost, we were considerably inconvenienced and locked out for over a week as the NAS is in a remote location to where we were at the time of the outage.

However on return I was able to access the NAS via the local network and have turned the ReadyCloud back on. Nearly 2 weeks later I am still trying to get assistance from readycloudsupport@netgear.com as we were direct to contact them in previous posts.

I am able to access the NAS via the local network and have recreated the users and given them access via the local network.

I have access to ReadyCloud and can access the NAS via this however my Desktop App shows that the NAS is connected locally only.

I have reinvited the users via ReadyCloud and the NAS now appears on their Desktop App, it did not before obviously as they had been deleted as users, it still shows the NAS as Offline for these users?

As I said I have contact ReadyNASSupport and 5 different staff members have dismissed my emails and in the end I was toild to post here.

Rather dissapointed that Netgear crash my system and then do not try to help with the problems this has caused.

Any ideas what to do with this problem?

Thanks.

Model: RN202|ReadyNAS202
Message 605 of 707
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The staff monitoring the email are prioritising working on data recovery attempt cases. Data recovery is time consuming work.

We're working on an updated process to help handle the other situations better.

The instructions in the announcement should be enough to help most users get reconnected to ReadyCLOUD without issue.

Message 606 of 707
simon2457
Tutor

Did you even read the questions I asked above. This is exactly the same response I have received via email. I followed the directions given with the issues stated still remaining?

Message 607 of 707
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

We should have a new process sometime this week to handle cases like yours.

Message 608 of 707
KenBennett
Guide

Is Netgear going to keep advertising that Readycloud is safe and secure? 

Message 609 of 707
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Hit by the ReadyCloud bug; how to recover share.

Hello Sokudoningyou,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 610 of 707
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyCloud Shows Drives as Offline

Message 611 of 707
DiddiTalk
Aspirant

Betreff: NAS offline ?

Habe ebenfalls Gedanken, mir Rechtsbeistand zu besorgen. 

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 612 of 707
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

DiddiTalk were you affected by the ReadyCLOUD Outage? If so, please follow the advice in the Announcement.

Message 613 of 707
DiddiTalk
Aspirant

Sorry, but

1. Woher soll ich wissen, ob ich von einem Serverausfall betroffen bin? Sollten Sie mir dies nicht mitteilen, anstatt mich und viele andere User "im Regen" stehen zu lassen?

2. Sie schreiben in der E-Mail an mich, dass ich Ihrer Empfehlung folgen soll. Welcher Empfehlung? Meinen Sie die Empfehlung, dass ich zustimmen soll, dass ich meine E-Mail-Adresse löschen lassen soll und ich sie nicht mehr benutzen kann? Warum? Ich will meine E-Mail-Adresse behalten!

3. Wenn ein Server ausgefallen ist, sichern Sie diesen Server nicht? Ich habe eher das Gefühl, das Netgear gehackt worden ist.

Χαιρετισμούς

DiddiTalk 

Message 614 of 707
DiddiTalk
Aspirant

Aha, jetzt bekomme ich eine E-Mail von dem, was ich gerade in der Community geschrieben habe. Interessant. Gestern ging es nicht.

Nichts ist schlimmer und vergrault Kunden mehr, als wenn sie für dumm gehalten werden. Warum klären Sie mich und die Community nicht offen für die Serverausfälle auf, wenn es wirklich so war, und entschuldigen sich wenigstens. Müssen solche Aktionen erst großartig in der Presse wiedergegeben werden, damit sich Ihre Mitbewerber darüber freuen?

Ich bin total verärgert über solch unprofessionelles Verhalten.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

DiddiTalk

Message 615 of 707
coloatty
Luminary

Auf der Idea Exchange hat StephenB einen Opt-In für die E-Mail-Benachrichtigung über ReadyCLOUD oder Remote Services-Ausfälle angefordert. Vielleicht möchten Sie dafür stimmen.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-for-ReadyNAS/Opt-in-for-emails-related-to-ReadyCloud-...

Message 616 of 707
DiddiTalk
Aspirant

Hallo Moderator,

ist es richtig, dass Sie mir geschrieben haben: "User has been Auto deleted - all data lost" - "Benutzer wurde automatisch gelöscht - alle Daten verloren?"

Ich bitte um Mitteilung, welcher E-Mail- / Benutzer, welche Daten, gelöscht wurden, wie es dazu kommen konnte und was die Ursache dafür war. Diese Erklärung hätte ich gern.

Ein Backupsystem, in diesem Fall ist NETGEAR dafür verantwortlich, weil ich nicht eher an meine Daten herankomme, ohne dass ich mich bei NETGEAR anmelde, läßt es zu, das User und meine Daten auf meinem NAS gelöscht werden und ich noch nicht einmal weiß, welcher, ohne mich darüber zu informieren und ich erst selbst tätig werden muss, um das herauszufinden, ist schon mehr als dreist.

Senden Sie mir Ihre AGBs zu, was in diesem Fall darüber steht. Ich sehe die jetztige Situation dazu an, den Kaufvertrag für das Gerät zu wandeln.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

DiddiTalk

Message 617 of 707
coloatty
Luminary

Was ist passiert: "ReadyCLOUD hatte am 30. März 2017 zwischen 1:00 und 12:00 Uhr US Pacific Zeit ein Problem, das ReadyNAS-Geräte dazu veranlasste, ReadyCLOUD zu verlassen. Dieser Vorfall hat die Verbindung von deinem ReadyNAS zur Cloud gestoppt und kann dich daran hindern, zuzugreifen Ihre ReadyNAS-Fernbedienung. Außerdem wurden private Heimataktien für ReadyCLOUD-Benutzer [automatisch] als Teil eines ReadyCLOUD-Benutzer-Cleanup-Mechanismus entfernt (der seither deaktiviert wurde)."

https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyCLOUD/Having-ReadyCLOUD-problems-since-3-30-17/m-p/1268502#U12...

Daten werden nur automatisch aus dem Heim-Ordner eines ReadyCLOUD-Benutzers gelöscht, der beim NAS registriert ist. Daten in anderen Aktien oder Ordner als Cloud-Benutzer-Heim-Ordner sollten in Ordnung sein. 

Message 618 of 707
DiddiTalk
Aspirant

Hallo Coloatty,

Noch schlimmer!! Seit fast drei Wochen ist bekannt, dass ich nicht nicht auf meine Daten zugreifen kann und es gibt keine Nachricht darüber. Warum mache ich mir die Arbeit und suche dann den Fehler bei uns / mir?

Immer noch heute, am 21. April 2017 ist mein NAS offline und immer noch kann ich auf mein NAS zugreifen. 

Warum nicht?

Wie logge ich mich ein?

Warum kommt bisher nur Blablha und keine richtige Hilfe?

Ich bleibe bei meiner Forderung nach den AGB´s von NETGEAR für diesen Fall.

Message 619 of 707
jak0lantash
Mentor

C'est pas très sympa de répondre en allemand sur un thread qui est tout en anglais 😉

Sinon, toutes les informations sont disponibles ici : https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyCLOUD/Having-ReadyCLOUD-problems-since-3-30-17/m-p/1259697#U12...

Message 620 of 707
coloatty
Luminary

Pardonnez-moi, mais mon français est pire que mon allemand. Smiley Wink

Message 621 of 707
coloatty
Luminary

Es gibt intermittierende Diskussion über die ReadyCLOUD Ausgabe auf Deutsch früher in diesem Thread. Zum Beispiel siehe https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyCLOUD/User-has-been-Auto-deleted-all-data-lost/m-p/1261308#M78.... Blättern Sie nach hinten, wenn Sie möchten.

1. Wenn Sie Daten in einem ReadyCLOUD-Benutzer-Heim-Ordner verloren haben, gibt es eine Prozedur, um NETGEAR-Versionsdatenwiederherstellung zu haben.

2. Wenn du in einem ReadyCLOUD-User-Heim-Ordner keine Daten verloren hast, gibt es eine Prozedur, um ReadyCLOUD sich wieder anschließen.

Verwenden Sie einen Online-Übersetzer, um die Informationen und Anweisungen in den folgenden Links zu konvertieren:

http://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyCLOUD/Having-ReadyCLOUD-problems-since-3-30-17/m-p/1268502#U126...

http://kb.netgear.com/000038517/Why-can-t-I-Access-my-ReadyNAS-system-using-ReadyCLOUD?cid=wmt_netge...

Message 622 of 707
DiddiTalk
Aspirant

... mir gefällt es auch nicht, dass fast alle Antworten auf englisch sind.

Message 623 of 707
DiddiTalk
Aspirant

Guten Morgen,

habe mich nun sachkundig gemacht und telefoniert.

Mein NAS 314 hat zwei Jahre Garantie, welche am 18. Februar 2018 ausläuft. Der Verkäufer nimmt es zurück. Die Gründe wurden von mir dargestellt.

Da ich immer noch versuche, meine Daten zu retten (das Gerät ist immer noch offline), behalte ich es zunächst. Ich will den Bogen nicht überspannen. Sollte es mir nicht gelingen, habe ich die Option, es sofort zurückzugeben.

Netgear gibt auf das Gerät fünf Jahre Garantie,- auch dies war beim Kauf ein Kaufkriterium.

Es wäre es interessant zu wissen, wie die Rechtslage nach der 2jährigen Garantie in einem solchen Fall aussieht.

Dann werden sich wohl Rechtsanwälte unterhalten und vielleicht sogar der EGH.

Damit NETGEAR sieht, dass ich es ernst meine, biete ich hiermit mein "GS110TP-200 EUS" zum Verkauf an. Rechnungsdatum 07. März 2016. Habe es aus zeitlichen Gründen erst ein halbes Jahr später in Betrieb genommen. Neueste Firmware ist installiert und wie mein NAS registriert.

Ich möchte nicht daran denken, wenn ich mit dem GS110.. Probleme habe und wieder auf NETGEAR angewiesen bin.

Probleme werden aus der Welt geschafft, wenn darüber geredet wird und nicht die schwächere Seite allein versucht, sie zu beseitigen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

DiddiTalk

Message 624 of 707
Cazzbags
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNas 104 Admin page not logging in, ReadyCloud not connecting 'offline'

Yes just powering down from the box itself. Is there another way without logging in?

Message 625 of 707
Top Contributors
Announcements