Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: iOS 11.x compatible with ReadyCLOUD app

dyoung
Tutor

iOS 11.x compatible with ReadyCLOUD app

I recently set up my ReadyNAS 212 on my home network and am able to access it via ReadyCLOUD in a web browser. Unfortunately I am not able to access it via the ReadyCLOUD app on either my iPhone or my iPad. I get a message saying credentials invalid or service not available. 

My iPhone is a 6s with iOS 11.2. Is anyone aware of a compatibility issue with iOS 11.x and the ReadyCLOUD app?

I was able to access it with the ReadyCLOUD app on my friends Galaxy S6 with no problem using the same log in credentials. 

Any help to resolve this would be appreciated. 

Thank you,

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 10
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dyoung,

I understand that you are not able to sign in to the NAS via the Readycloud app for iOS. May I know the version of the Readycloud app installed on your iPhone and iPad? Have you also tried uninstalling and re-installing the app?

If you connect your iPhone or iPad to a different wireless network, are you getting that same issue?

Welcome to the Community!

Regards,
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 10
dyoung
Tutor

Hi John,

Thank you for responding. The version of ReadyCloud on both my iPhone and iPad is 2.0.0,the latest one available in the App Store.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling on both devices and I get the same result whether I am on my home wifi, work wifi or my device data LTE.

Thanks,

Don

Message 3 of 10
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dyoung,

If you try using a different Readycloud credentials, are you still getting the same issue on your iPhone and iPad?

I have also inquired this to the Readycloud engineers. We will provide you an update as soon as we get a feedback.

Regards,
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 10
dyoung
Tutor

@JohnCM_S wrote:

If you try using a different Readycloud credentials, are you still getting the same issue on your iPhone and iPad?

I had not tried this as I only had the one account. However, I created a share and invited someone (me, using another email account) to join. I created a new MyNetgear account using a different email address and was able to access the shared folder logging into the new account in a web browser. Tried logging into the Netgear ReadyCloud app on my iPhone and iPad with the new account and get the same results as before. I tried the new account on my friends Galaxy S6 and was able to access the shared folder.

I have also inquired this to the Readycloud engineers. We will provide you an update as soon as we get a feedback.

Thank you. I appreciate your help. I had phoned Netgear tech support as well and they were following up via email but it stalled when they asked for my username and password for testing and I wouldn't provide it.

Thanks again,

Don

Message 5 of 10
klausn
Tutor

Please remove the app from your phone and reinstall it.

Message 6 of 10
dyoung
Tutor

@klausn wrote:

Please remove the app from your phone and reinstall it.

Unfortunately, no luck connnecting. Getting the same results. I even took it a few steps further by uninstalling the app, closing all other apps, turning off and restarting my phone before reinstalling the app from the app store.

Thanks,

Message 7 of 10
dyoung
Tutor

UPDATE

A temporary solution was found with the help of Netgear Tech Support. Turns out there is an apparent bug that would not allow special characters in the password using the iOS version of the ReadyCloud app. At their suggestion I changed my password removing any special characters and was able to log in and access my NAS using the ReadyCloud app on my iPhone.

Hopefully this helps anyone else with this problem until they release a fixed iOS version of the app.

Don

Message 8 of 10
marco_hormes
Aspirant

Had the same issue with my ipHone 6s and was already looking for a solution for a while.

Changing my password and leaving the special characters out was the solution for me as well.

Thanks!!

Regards,

Marco

Message 9 of 10
dyoung
Tutor

Cool, Marco. Glad to hear this solution worked for you.

Don

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements