Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rif.: invite new user error AND accout change error - sharing problem

Alex7777
Tutor

invite new user error AND accout change error - sharing problem

Hi, tody I encountered a problem with the share system. 

It has already worked for about 10 months now, but since yesterday I have no access (with my shared account) to the NAS. Inspecting the NAS-Admin page brought up that only SMB and no HTTP was enabled(for the shared accout), but I have changed nothing. 

So getting rid of this problem I tried to deleting the share and add the user again. All from home office with the http://readycloud.netgear.com/ site. Deletion worked fine but on adding a new share I got this error: "Invite new user Error" after entering the mail address.

I have searched around and tried to change the email address of the share account and now I get this error too: "Account change Error"

So please help me getting the share done. 

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Alex7777
Tutor

Re: invite new user error AND accout change error - sharing problem

As I successfully invited a new user the problems seems to be gone now.

Solution: 

If you have the same problem, check if the share is applied both SMB and HTTP (it changed to only SMB by itself in my case)!

Then remove the problematic share and add a new share with the user you want with read/write rights.

Then, all should work properly.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
cado73
Tutor

I've a probably related problem. From my user I cannot see anymore my shared NAS. This is true both from portal and from applications (WIN or Android). I can access using the administrator accunt while all user account seems not to work. In the administrator page (portal) I can see the users and the shared folders.

Message 2 of 6
Alex7777
Tutor

@cado73 You said it. This was exact my initial problem. The other problems were results out of that. 

Message 3 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Rif.: invite new user error AND accout change error - sharing problem

Hi Alex7777 & cado73,

We already reported this problem and we will let you know once it's been fixed.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
Alex7777
Tutor

As I successfully invited a new user the problems seems to be gone now.

Solution: 

If you have the same problem, check if the share is applied both SMB and HTTP (it changed to only SMB by itself in my case)!

Then remove the problematic share and add a new share with the user you want with read/write rights.

Then, all should work properly.

Message 5 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Alex7777,

Thanks for sharing that everything is now working fine. You just need the SMB protocol enabled *under network access tab* on the share in accessing your files through the ReadyCLOUD web portal page and the desktop, mobile apps.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team​​

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements