Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ios and ready cloud

beowoulf
Aspirant

ios and ready cloud

Just did ios software update for ready cloud and app does not work. It immediately closes when opened and if you go to running apps and open it again it will close completely. This happens on new and old Gen iPad and on iPhone. On a "good" note the android upgrade works and allows me to login on new single sign in account and access hard drive. I would assume others are having issues? I even restarted ios devices with no improvement.
Message 1 of 27

Accepted Solutions
beowoulf
Aspirant

Re: ios and ready cloud

New software update in App Store available.  Bug fixed, works great now.  Thank you Netgear.

View solution in original post

Message 21 of 27

All Replies
beowoulf
Aspirant

Message 2 of 27
LaTower
Aspirant

Same here. Just update the app ans it crash on startup on an iphone 4, ios 7.1.2.

Message 3 of 27
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Works for me on F/W 6.5.0, ReadyCLOUD 1.5.7 (126) and iOS 9.3.1

Message 4 of 27
beowoulf
Aspirant

Using ios 9.3.1. Have 4.9 gb free. No idea of ready cloud app version does not say in app center and won't load to see. Just downloaded today
Message 5 of 27
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi beowulf,

Mine works too (RN314 on 6.5.0, iPhone 6 running 9.3.1 and ReadyCLOUD app version 1.2.7 (126). You should see the version of the app under the 'Settings' tab.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 27
beowoulf
Aspirant

No version number shows under settings.  New development, icon for app shows 30 in lower corner. This occurs on 2 different iPads on or off network and iPhone.  Android app update went flawless.  All Apple products have plenty of free memory and have latest iOS.  

Message 7 of 27
beowoulf
Aspirant

Update, the app worked but is quirky.  Reinstalled from computer link to iPad through ITunes.  App still shuts off on first load.  Have to bring up running apps to get to it.  The 30 number was actually the number of photos it wanted to upload to hard drive.  Of course since they were there already from old software and login I now have doubles.  Not sure what changed but did use different wifi network on router but that should not have caused app crash.  Will keep trying on other 2 iOS devices.

Message 8 of 27
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi beowulf,

Thanks for posting updates. We may have to check or try this on our end and see if we'll get the same behavior. Most users of the latest ReadyCLOUD iOS and desktop app aren't having problems.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 9 of 27
Kberna1376
Apprentice

IOS Readycloud app connects to my server and says it is on line, but folder view says disconnected.  Any ideas to get this working?

Message 10 of 27
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Kberna1376,

In my case, I have disabled the IPv6 on the active ethernet (NIC) interface of my ReadyNAS and it's working great. Try this and let us know what happens.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 11 of 27
Kberna1376
Apprentice

Wow!  This worked perfectly.  All files visible in file explorer and, most important, Adobe Lightroom works perfectly again.  Thanks very much for your help.

Message 12 of 27
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Kberna1376,

Congrats! I'm glad it worked fine for you too 🙂

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 13 of 27
beowoulf
Aspirant

IPv6 was already off.  I had ruled out router settings already by attempting to run iPad off network and open ready cloud but still goes to background instantly.  At times I can open in iOS device from background running apps on first try, sometimes 5trys, sometimes not at all.  Ready cloud runs fantastic from android and computer both on and off home network.  Also tried from cellular network on both iPhone and iPad running through my android phone and iPhone network direct.  When the app runs it is fast and smooth but more times than not it kicks right to the main menu in all 3 iOS devices I run which are 2 different generations of iPad and iPhone 6.  In iOS, the program rarely loads to even attempt network login but as I said works great when it does not get tossed into the background apps.

Message 14 of 27
cancon1
Star

I am experiencing the exact same problem as Beowoulf with the iOS app on an iPad (4th gen) and iPhone 5 both running iOS 9.3.1.  Never had a problem until the latest update.  Tried reinstalling the app, power cycling the devices, etc. but nothing helps.  Sometimes the app will stay open after 10-20 tries, other times it simply won't stay open even after 50+ tries.  It is running in the background but will not stay open.

Message 15 of 27
frisoco
Aspirant

Same problem here. App crashes on startup since latest update. Cannot acces my files on ipad now. Sad update
Message 16 of 27
frisoco
Aspirant

I use ios 9,3,2 and ipad3
Message 17 of 27
frisoco
Aspirant

Inspired by cancon1's 50 attempts i kept on pushing the app icon. Crash after crash after crash. Until after about 10 times....i got the login screen!
Message 18 of 27
frisoco
Aspirant

It worked for about 5 minutes. Cheered too early. Could not open app by swithing to it from other app. Screen frozen. Quit the app and then tried to ooen again. Crashing crashing vrashing again. But this time no login screen or filemanager....too bad...i guess i have to wait till the update...
Message 19 of 27
beowoulf
Aspirant

Hopefully they recognize issue soon and find bug. Seems it worked on their ios devices. Not sure what else may cause conflicts as per other apps or installs however I have tried running it by itself off a fresh reboot and still get the varied results both myself and cacon describe. It's a shame, was nice app before it was updated to work with new login schemr. I would surmise that there are many more with the same issue out there who have not spoken out, I generally am one of those quiet ones but loved the previous functionality of Ready Clout, that is one main reason I purchased a high end Netgear router.
Message 20 of 27
beowoulf
Aspirant

New software update in App Store available.  Bug fixed, works great now.  Thank you Netgear.

Message 21 of 27
LaTower
Aspirant

Now works 🙂 Thanks.

Message 22 of 27
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi frisoco,

Can you update the ReadyCLOUD mobile app on your iOS devices (version 1.5.8) and see if you'll be able to access your ReadyNAS files?

@beowoulf @LaTower Thanks for providing feedback on the latest mobile app update.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 23 of 27
frisoco
Aspirant

Hello Brian,

I updated yesterday, and things are working like a sunshine again.

thanks a LOT!

thumbs up for netgear!

kind regards,

frisoco

Message 24 of 27
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi frisoco,

We appreciate your feedback and for letting us know that the recent ReadyCLOUD app update for iOS has helped resolve your issue If your issue is now resolved. We look forward to hearing from you more and be a helpful resource in the future!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 25 of 27
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements