Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: media backup not updating

JNStew
Aspirant

media backup not updating

On Aug 28 my iphone 6 plus readycloud app media backup stopped syncing photos with my readynas.  The enable button on the iphone app would not hold on my previous photos backup share.  I had turned it off temporarily as I was tying up a friends network and a few days later could not get it to turn on again.  I updated to OS 6.8.1 on Oct 10 and just updated to the IOS readycloud app 2.0.0 and now I can see on my phone that the photos share (and a couple of others) has a lock on the share and cannot even select the folder as the media backup.  I assume this is due to permissions problem but visually the read write looks correct on the ReadyNas.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I think I had a problem like this a long time ago and had to create a new share, but then of course the entire phone (5000 pictures) resysnced instead of only the few incremental photos.

Thanks in advance 

Model: RN31600|ReadyNAS 300 Series 6- Bay
Message 1 of 7
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Hi JNStew,

Would you please check that for the photos share and other shares which have a lock icon on them, whether their smb and afp protocal permission for everyone are RO on local admin UI interface?

Best Regards.

Message 2 of 7
dhamsher
Tutor

Having the same problem.  Netgear, when will this be fixed?

Model: RN214D43|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4-Bay
Message 3 of 7
ChriLawr
Aspirant

IOS upgraded to 11.1.1 recently.
Unsure if the issue coincided with that.
Model: RN204|ReadyNAS204
Message 4 of 7
JNStew
Aspirant

I should say I have not updated my phone to iOS 11 yet (still on 10.3.3).

I did reset everyone to r&w and it worked and no locks on the shares. I remembered that it very recently asked me to login using my netgear ReadyCLOUD account email (first time ever I think - I logged in as admin before) and for permissions in the NAS that email user was only ro. I changed that to r&w and everyone no permission and it seems to still work.

Seems like the iOS readycloud app finally required netgear account login and then changed that permissions at the same time. Remember the problem was before latest readycloud v2.0 but fixed after.

Sorry if this description seems muddy, I'm not an IT guy. Just posting because others seem to be having issues and this is what seems to work for me.
Model: RN31661E|ReadyNAS 316 6-Bay
Message 5 of 7
ChriLawr
Aspirant

So, this morning I reset my network settings on my iphone, created a new share on ReadyCloud and re-installed the ReadyCloud app on my phone from the AppStore.  EXACTLY the same result, Media backup sits at the 'Uploading ...' message without progressing.

ReadyNAS firmware is 6.9

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS204
Message 6 of 7
ChriLawr
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestions.  I guess if Netgear arent responding or able to help, its down to this community to share what works and whata doesnt.  For me, the same steps didnt work.

I've posted separately that I created a new share this morning and pointed the ReadyCloud IOS v2.0 app at it (Media settings) but still same result .... nothing!

I've switched to use Mobile data from WiFi and still nothing.

I suspect the issue is with how Netgear accounts translate to ReadyCloud ACLs on the device, in which case nothing we do at the application end will fix the issue.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements