Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

(re)moving backup folder

miels
Tutor

(re)moving backup folder

Hi,

I'm using ReadyNas OS 6.2.3-T1741 and ReadyCloud v1.8

On my Win8 laptop I've added a folder "need2backup" to backup (thank you for the option to select a specific folder). This synced ok to the nas, to /data/need2backup

Since it was just a test I've cancelled backing up the folder in the ReadyCloud client.

I expected the NAS folder /data/need2backup to be removed to, but is is still existing (though empty)

I can SSH in as root. When I perform an rm -rf /data/need2backup I get a "directory not empty"

this probably has to do with the + I noticed after the permissions, indicating an access control list

the folder and contents can be moved

• Please fix this in a future version
  • What is the best way to manually remove the folder?
  • Please add a future feature to let the admin specify the download location for all backups, to avoid clutter. It would be great to have a username variable available that can be used in the path. So you can enter for example '/ReadyCloudBackups/$username' or '/home/$user/ReadyCloudBackups'
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
EskenderNG
NETGEAR Employee

Re: (re)moving backup folder

Hello,

I don’t think the backup folder on the ReadyNAS needs to be removed automatically when the backup is stopped as there might still be use for the contents on the ReadyNAS. If you would like to remove it the easiest way would be to use the admin page.

Good point about choosing the backup destination path.

Bye,

Eskender

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
EskenderNG
NETGEAR Employee

Hello,

I don’t think the backup folder on the ReadyNAS needs to be removed automatically when the backup is stopped as there might still be use for the contents on the ReadyNAS. If you would like to remove it the easiest way would be to use the admin page.

Good point about choosing the backup destination path.

Bye,

Eskender

Message 2 of 3
miels
Tutor

Ofcourse Smiley Frustrated...  That way I was able to remove the folder indeed. Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements