Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

user locked out for security purposes

rodcrit
Luminary

user locked out for security purposes

Please can someone tell me why for the last 4 days I have got the message:-  "this account is locked out for security reasons" when I try to log in from either my mobile or a remote wifi connection on my laptop.

the message does not tell me why or what the reason is    -  nor does it tell me how to correct the situation.   not very helpful!!!

rodc

Model: RN20442D|ReadyNAS204
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
rodcrit
Luminary

Re: user locked out for security purposes

Ha  ---   magic....  suddenly it is now open again....

was I presume Readycloud that was showing the message  -  where it came from  is anybodies guess.

this is the second time this has happened  -  before it was on a guest login  -  I deleted and then reinstalled their remote account and that solved it.  this time was on my main master account - so could not remove it and reinstal....  but is now OK again ?????/

dont like unexplained happeings.

rodc

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@rodcrit wrote:

Please can someone tell me why for the last 4 days I have got the message:-  "this account is locked out for security reasons" when I try to log in from either my mobile or a remote wifi connection on my laptop.

What software is generating this message?  Readycloud?

Message 2 of 3
rodcrit
Luminary

Ha  ---   magic....  suddenly it is now open again....

was I presume Readycloud that was showing the message  -  where it came from  is anybodies guess.

this is the second time this has happened  -  before it was on a guest login  -  I deleted and then reinstalled their remote account and that solved it.  this time was on my main master account - so could not remove it and reinstal....  but is now OK again ?????/

dont like unexplained happeings.

rodc

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements